The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is an interview at Imperial neccessary for offer?

So I had put my application for UG at ICL in mid-October, yet I have hardly recieved any information/email from them. I've heard about their interviews, but are they neccessary for offers, or are they given selectively?
Original post by Naveed2002
So I had put my application for UG at ICL in mid-October, yet I have hardly recieved any information/email from them. I've heard about their interviews, but are they neccessary for offers, or are they given selectively?

Usually they do require interviews. They don't accept students who haven't be invited for interviews (if your dept conducts one). If your department does not hold interviews then its alright. Which course did you apply to?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
It may depend on the course, but most top Unis like ICL require interviews
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Usually they do require interviews. They don't accept students who haven't be invited for interviews (if your dept conducts one). If your department does not hold interviews then its alright. Which course did you apply to?

Biomedical Engineering...
Biomedical Engineering...

I think the do hold interviews. You can always mail them to clarify your application status.
Reply 5
Completely varies by department. I know a number of people who didn't do interviews and got offers. I personally did do an interview for EEE, and got an offer. Not really worth worrying about until you get an email.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I think the do hold interviews. You can always mail them to clarify your application status.

Did it. Twice, got no response, absolutely nothing. Which email should I use?
Did it. Twice, got no response, absolutely nothing. Which email should I use?

Go the respective department website on the course page. You will get the email-ID of the relevant admission team within the department. They are sure to reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending