The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Design Engineering 2024 Entry

Hello, I recently received an offer from Imperial to study Design Engineering. I was wondering if any other people have also gotten an offer for the 2024 entry. Currently, I applied to only 3 unis so I was wondering if there are any other courses that are similar to Imperial's Design Eng. as I need 2 other choices. Thank you in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello, I recently received an offer from Imperial to study Design Engineering. I was wondering if any other people have also gotten an offer for the 2024 entry. Currently, I applied to only 3 unis so I was wondering if there are any other courses that are similar to Imperial's Design Eng. as I need 2 other choices. Thank you in advance.

Congrats. what was your offer and what other two have you applied to? when was your interview? thanks.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Congrats. what was your offer and what other two have you applied to? when was your interview? thanks.

My offer matched the one the Imperial Website but I applied with 4 A-levels in total.

I applied to the Cambridge Design (I am currently waiting to hear the results). I also applied to Baths for integrated design engineering.

I believe my interview was on around 14th Dec.

Hope this helps.
Depending on exactly what you're looking for

Engineering Design Bristol
Design, innovation creative engineering Queen Marys
Product Design Engineering Liverpool
Product Design & Technology Loughborough
Product Design Engineering LoughboroughBSc (Hons)
Product Design and Innovation Portsmouth

Leeds, Southampton, Glasgow and Belfast have a design engineering course

My offer matched the one the Imperial Website but I applied with 4 A-levels in total.

I applied to the Cambridge Design (I am currently waiting to hear the results). I also applied to Baths for integrated design engineering.

I believe my interview was on around 14th Dec.

Hope this helps.

I applied to the same courses, but I haven't heard back from Imperial yet. I got my Bath offer a while ago and I did my Imperial interview at the start of Nov. Good luck with Cambridge!!!
Original post by Anonymous #3
I applied to the same courses, but I haven't heard back from Imperial yet. I got my Bath offer a while ago and I did my Imperial interview at the start of Nov. Good luck with Cambridge!!!

How long did Imperial take to reply about the interview? I’m still waiting from Imperial and Bath
Took just under three weeks from submitting my applciation to hearing about an interview invitation. I've gotten a Cambridge offer but haven't heard back from imperial hahahah
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3

Heyyy I just got an interview today!! Could you tell me a bit about the kind of questions they ask, is it mostly a-level content for maths or would they go beyond if you study further maths? Was the pre-interview exercise a design question? Thanks so much, I hope everything goes well with your application😖😖❤️❤️
Hello! I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but as they note, there should be a pre-interview question for you to think about without the pressure of them watching you... If you come up with lots to say, it'll take up around 5-10 minutes of the interview. I think there might be more than one pre-interview question so i cant tell you for certain but it should be an accesisble question that allows you to think quite in depth. The other questions are what you would expect a design engineering interview to feel like for imperial, one or two engineering focused questions, one or two design related questions that draw from knowledge in engineering, that sort of thing. (there shouldn't be anything that is impossibly difficult to do, and if you do struggle on bits, they will try and guide you.) Following these, the interviewer will probably drop in a few generic "why this course" or "why this uni" question.
Reply 9
Yep, this sounds about right. Just make sure you do some research on the interviewer so you have some questions prepared at the end and can engaged back with. Good luck!
Hi - I've been invited for an interview, and was wondering if anybody had any tips for what to expect? I don't study physics or further maths, and I study CS - should I expect a more CS-related question or the generic engineering style questions? Thanks in advance!
Reply 11
I applied with Com Sci, Physic, Art and Maths. I really think it depends on your interviewer but my interview predominately were composed of basic physic questions mostly relating to product design. I can't tell you much but we did end up talking about AI but only because I prompted the conversation. I think you should focus on the engineering style question more. (And try to sneak in computer science related knowledge to make you stand out.) Hope this helps.
I applied with Com Sci, Physic, Art and Maths. I really think it depends on your interviewer but my interview predominately were composed of basic physic questions mostly relating to product design. I can't tell you much but we did end up talking about AI but only because I prompted the conversation. I think you should focus on the engineering style question more. (And try to sneak in computer science related knowledge to make you stand out.) Hope this helps.

thanks, this is really helpful!
Reply 13
I submitted my imperial design application on 28th Jan. when can I expect to hear for my interview?
Reply 14
Original post by getsethi
I submitted my imperial design application on 28th Jan. when can I expect to hear for my interview?
I submitted around 15th of October and got an interview invite exactly one week before the actual interview which was on Feb 1, so it might take a while
Reply 15
Original post by cocafiola
I submitted around 15th of October and got an interview invite exactly one week before the actual interview which was on Feb 1, so it might take a while
Thank you
Original post by getsethi
My interviewer said they aim to complete all interviews by March, so offers will be sent out during March. Hope this helps!
Does anyone have an offer holder gc?
Congrats on ur offer! hope you dont mind me asking, when did you hear back and when was your interview?
Original post by Anonymous #5
Congrats on ur offer! hope you dont mind me asking, when did you hear back and when was your interview?
Hey, I was interviewed 2.1 and got an offer on 2.13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending