The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Material Science 2023 Imperial

Hey everyone,

For those who applied to material science at Imperial and have already had your interviews, I was wondering if you have heard back.

Scroll to see replies

When did you have your interview?

Original post by ********_vine123
Hey everyone,

For those who applied to material science at Imperial and have already had your interviews, I was wondering if you have heard back.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by baochess123
When did you have your interview?

I had my interviews on the 23rd November. I found I was rejected 2 days ago.
Did you have a material science interview?
I am sorry to hear that. I just got the in-person interview invitation few days ago, I will do that in 1st February. Did you have an online or in-person interview?
Omg, I will have the interview on the exact same day. I am applying for biomaterials tho.

I am sorry to hear that. I just got the in-person interview invitation few days ago, I will do that in 1st February. Did you have an online or in-person interview?

Original post by Hajan8820
Omg, I will have the interview on the exact same day. I am applying for biomaterials tho.

me toooo but matsci and nuclear eng.
(edited 1 year ago)
So are you guys also having an in-person or online interview? If that is an in-person interview, can we contact because I haven't been to Imperial before :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
in-person! i confirmed my place a few days ago. and sure! i visited during april of last year, its hard not to immediately fall in love with the place

So are you guys also having an in-person or online interview? If that is an in-person interview, can we contact because I haven't been to Imperial before :smile:
That's nice. If you don't mind I just want to ask are you home student or international student and have you prepared for the interview yet?

I had an in-person interview.
Something I will say is that the interviews vary so much depending on who your interviewer is. I was really only asked technical questions whereas other people were only asked personal statement questions so try and cover your bases.
Thank you so much for your advice.
How much time did you wait for Imperial's decision after the interview and did they said anything in the decision letter?

(Original post by ********_vine123)I had an in-person interview.
Something I will say is that the interviews vary so much depending on who your interviewer is. I was really only asked technical questions whereas other people were only asked personal statement questions so try and cover your bases.
Original post by stefania268
in-person! i confirmed my place a few days ago. and sure! i visited during april of last year, its hard not to immediately fall in love with

I also got a in person Interview which was changed to the 8th of feb cus of train strikes…., can we exchange contacts I haven’t actually been to that part of London before :frown:
Original post by ********_vine123
I had my interviews on the 23rd November. I found I was rejected 2 days ago.
Did you have a material science interview?

How hard were the maths questions because I don’t do further and I don’t want to be at a disadvantage was it just normal year one and two
Original post by Anonymous
I also got a in person Interview which was changed to the 8th of feb cus of train strikes…., can we exchange contacts I haven’t actually been to that part of London before

Me too, I haven't been there as well and also had an interview in the 8th of feb
Me too, I haven't been there as well and also had an interview in the 8th of feb

How are you preparing for it?
Original post by ThatoneCDM
How are you preparing for it?

I just reread my ps again, they said there will be technical questions but I am not so sure about this
I just reread my ps again, they said there will be technical questions but I am not so sure about this

same I’ve been making notes on my ps, the technical questions are the ones putting me off
Original post by Hajan8820

Are you going in person?
Original post by ThatoneCDM
same I’ve been making notes on my ps, the technical questions are the ones putting me off

Do you have any ideas about the group task?
Do you have any ideas about the group task?

not really no, all ik is that they’re gonna make us do a presentation on a part of physics I assume it’ll be catered to whatever your applying for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending