The Student Room Group

Mental Health During lockdown

Hi! I'm 18 years old, currently in Year 13.
I'm really struggling with maintaining good mental health/positive mindset during quarantine, especially as my area is in Tier 4/strict lockdown. Academic pressure is really not helping either. I find it really hard to even do the simplest tasks, stay focused/motivated
Are there any tips/things that can help or is anyone else i a similar situation?
I know its hard, but try to have at least a week off in these holidays - you can't keep trying forever. Next week, maybe start by doing only a little bit, to get back into doing stuff before we go back to school.

Also try to get outside or do exercise for a little bit every day - literally two minutes makes me feel better.

Try to use the holidays as an actual break - I find it so hard to focus as well at the moment.

For motivation, maybe try reminding yourself what your working for - a uni course, a job, yourself, anything...
Original post by kikib02
Hi! I'm 18 years old, currently in Year 13.
I'm really struggling with maintaining good mental health/positive mindset during quarantine, especially as my area is in Tier 4/strict lockdown. Academic pressure is really not helping either. I find it really hard to even do the simplest tasks, stay focused/motivated
Are there any tips/things that can help or is anyone else i a similar situation?

Do the double pomodoro technique for studying: 50 minute study 10 minute break. You’d be surprised how much work you can get done. Keep gadgets away as they can be distracting.

Do exercise and watch some content that is primarily focused on productivity and becoming a better person. Eat healthier, having 3-5 fruits can really make you feel a lot better.

Bring variety to your day as monotony can get horribly depressing.

Videogaming is also pretty fun and can get your adrenaline going during intense moments, makes you feel something when you’re feeling a little dead.

Have at least one hobby that you can commit to
Reply 3
Original post by cactussalad
I know its hard, but try to have at least a week off in these holidays - you can't keep trying forever. Next week, maybe start by doing only a little bit, to get back into doing stuff before we go back to school.

Also try to get outside or do exercise for a little bit every day - literally two minutes makes me feel better.

Try to use the holidays as an actual break - I find it so hard to focus as well at the moment.

For motivation, maybe try reminding yourself what your working for - a uni course, a job, yourself, anything...

okay thank you so much! It's quite depressing doing the same thing over and over again, so I'll try do one of these things to change my routine. Ihave exams in 2 weeks that are quite important so I unfortunately I cannot take a week off although I wish I could. Thank you though
Reply 4
Original post by wokirow
Do the double pomodoro technique for studying: 50 minute study 10 minute break. You’d be surprised how much work you can get done. Keep gadgets away as they can be distracting.

Do exercise and watch some content that is primarily focused on productivity and becoming a better person. Eat healthier, having 3-5 fruits can really make you feel a lot better.

Bring variety to your day as monotony can get horribly depressing.

Videogaming is also pretty fun and can get your adrenaline going during intense moments, makes you feel something when you’re feeling a little dead.

Have at least one hobby that you can commit to

okay thank you so much! It's quite depressing doing the same thing over and over again, so I'll try do one of these things to change my routine. Ihave exams in 2 weeks that are quite important so I unfortunately I cannot take a week off although I wish I could. Thank you though. I will try my best
I'm literally the same. Year 13 and a crap tonne of mocks after Christmas. I'm usually quite motivated and positive and the covid BS hasn't really bothered me but I've been a bit down recently too. Don't let them break you. Just remember that they're basterds and they don't care about us; they just want wealth and power. Don't give in, try and stay as positive as possible and trust me things are gonna get better soon. I agree with the guy above about videogaming as well. I've been playing Ghosts of Tsushima recently and it's both intense and very soothing.
Reply 6
Original post by Jason Voorhees12
I'm literally the same. Year 13 and a crap tonne of mocks after Christmas. I'm usually quite motivated and positive and the covid BS hasn't really bothered me but I've been a bit down recently too. Don't let them break you. Just remember that they're basterds and they don't care about us; they just want wealth and power. Don't give in, try and stay as positive as possible and trust me things are gonna get better soon. I agree with the guy above about videogaming as well. I've been playing Ghosts of Tsushima recently and it's both intense and very soothing.

I'm glad someone else in my year is in the same boat. And honestly agreed. Boris and his team only care for money and benefitting themselves. The whole system is corrupt but im trying to stay positive. Only 6 months left:sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest