The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

jennikay
Hah. Nothing I have to do, I hope? There was a website we were meant to check every once in a while which I haven't checked since, lol. May go find it now.

I decided after results day to pay for that online maths course so I've been doing that tonight. Undecided as to whether it was worth £100, but I didn't pay for it anyway so :woo:

Mmmmm I have this "Mathematical Methods For Science Students" staring at me. I can't bring myself to read it though. Well, I had a flick though, lol.

£100 :redface:.. The amount of alcohol that could be bought with that. :eek3:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
mituozo
Mmmmm I have this "Mathematical Methods For Science Students" staring at me. I can't bring myself to read it though. Well, I had a flick though, lol.

£100 :redface:.. The amount of alcohol that could be bought with that. :eek3:

Yeah, well it wasn't 'you can have this maths course or you can have £100', it was 'you can have this maths course' :p:

I have that huge one they recommended, advanced pure mathematics or something, by Gaulter. I borrowed it from my school, I'll probably return it soonish since I don't need it cause I have this course.

My brother has that book! He said I could borrow it once he's done with it for a 'bit of light reading' LOL. I said I'd have it if it was on the reading list :p:
jennikay
Yeah, well it wasn't 'you can have this maths course or you can have £100', it was 'you can have this maths course' :p:

I have that huge one they recommended, advanced pure mathematics or something, by Gaulter. I borrowed it from my school, I'll probably return it soonish since I don't need it cause I have this course.

My brother has that book! He said I could borrow it once he's done with it for a 'bit of light reading' LOL. I said I'd have it if it was on the reading list :p:

Imagine what you'd expect the official most boring book in the world to look like, and you're pretty much there. The faded orange cover, the distinct lack of pictures throughout, and that's "Mathematical Methods for Science Students".

I mean what kind of a book doesn't have pictures?!?! :woo:

Ah, I think I have several school textbooks I haven't returned over the years.. I'm sure they won't notice if you "forgot" and kept it :p:
mituozo
Imagine what you'd expect the official most boring book in the world to look like, and you're pretty much there. The faded orange cover, the distinct lack of pictures throughout, and that's "Mathematical Methods for Science Students".

Ah, I think I have several school textbooks I haven't returned over the years.. I'm sure they won't notice if you "forgot" and kept it :p:

My brothers was blue, maybe it's a different one, lol. I'm sure it's equally boring :p:

Aww, but I like that school. I went to a different school for further maths and they were really nice :yep:

I've kept a few from my normal school, also my locker key because I couldn't find it when I was meant to give it in :woo:
Reply 3924
mituozo

It's really not as bad as you make it out to be. And the cover is distinctly RED, not orange! :biggrin:
jennikay
My brothers was blue, maybe it's a different one, lol. I'm sure it's equally boring :p:

Aww, but I like that school. I went to a different school for further maths and they were really nice :yep:

I've kept a few from my normal school, also my locker key because I couldn't find it when I was meant to give it in :woo:

Ah, probably different then.. No blue on it. Ahhh, I have mostly advancing physics related stuff. They don't deserve it back. Hopefully the course will be underfunded and they'll have to withdraw it, haha..

Oh and shhh Leo, mine is faded. It's orange.
Good to see it's not just me who's up at ridiculous hours :woo:

Also good job you reminded me to check that website, I have a form to fill in :woo:
jennikay
Good to see it's not just me who's up at ridiculous hours :woo:

Also good job you reminded me to check that website, I have a form to fill in :woo:

Is it an online form?

Please say it doesnt involve posting anything, for I can fill out online forms until I'm blue in the face whilst on hol. :biggrin:
mituozo
Is it an online form?

Please say it doesnt involve posting anything, for I can fill out online forms until I'm blue in the face whilst on hol. :biggrin:

It's a PDF which isn't set up as a form, but you can send it by email if you have a way of filling it in :smile:
jennikay
It's a PDF which isn't set up as a form, but you can send it by email if you have a way of filling it in :smile:

What's the deadline on it? :p:
mituozo
What's the deadline on it? :p:

The 11th :smile:
what form is this?
Fixesin
"Hail Toilet Paper"

Sorry... I don't like wrong spelling.

Tbh, it should be "Heil Toilet Paper!". :headfire:

Fixesin
Yea, well too bad they f-ing rejected me eh? I got pooled then re-interviewed and bloody bast*rds didn't take me...
I think it's because I'm not good at hard-core interviews.

You spelt bastards wrong, there's no star in it.

Just a heads up for you there... :teeth:

Toiletpaper8
Maybe, but we get fresher's fortnight, which more than makes up for it.

A fortnight of comparing revision timetables and organising LAN matches! Wow, the crazy cats at Imperial know how to live. :cool:

fox_amro
I dont remember declaring that:sad:

It probably gave the game away if half of your PS talked about Vladmir's accomplishments.
jennikay
The 11th :smile:

May I ask what form this is :eek:
I got an email from IC about registry but I did that ages ago haha.

mituozo
Speak for yourself. :biggrin: I'm always someone to be worried about. I pounce when people sleep.

Oh God. Will have to make sure I double lock my doors and windows :ninja:

abbi182
Is it a foreign or an unusual name?

How about Raj Patel?

Lmfao, I laughed so hard at your guesses :yep:

crazylemon
My facebook feels so violated for being used as a stalking tool :cry:

Plus TP I have MA so you suck at stalking much better a stalkee :p:

I have MA too :woo: but he's boring as hell :p:

Moronic Acid
haha it looks that way, but don't worry - once my money comes through my room will basically be the (free) bar for whichever hall I end up in (no joke :biggrin:)

Whayy. Well, you said it. Looks like you may be the most (or least haha) popular in your halls of residence even before allocation has begun :p:

Toiletpaper8
I'm hardly an interesting forum-personality, why would anyone want to stalk me? :p:

In other news, I've inadvertently located some of you guys on facebook, courtesy of monsieur lemon.

You haven't found me have you :ninja:
Reply 3934
ooooo I received an e-mail from Imperial to sign up for E-service, it's for registration I think... yay another form :woo:
I wake up and the thread has grown by 8 pages :lolwut:

Anything I need to know?
Reply 3936
CRAZYLEMON!

Someone, after weeks of not posting here, has finally beaten my number of posts to become top poster.

Congratulations :teeth:.
Mithra
CRAZYLEMON!

Someone, after weeks of not posting here, has finally beaten my number of posts to become top poster.

I've always wondered ... how do you find the count? :o:
Mithra
CRAZYLEMON!

How do you see the stats for a thread?! :s

Danggg, beaten by jayshah31.
Reply 3939
Go onto the Imperial sub-forum and click on the post count next to the thread :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending