The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
thefeet1980
Thanks Jimbo, that will at least stop me from obsessively checking my emails every half hour or so... It's a pain having to wait and I hope it will be Friday rather than Saturday so I won't be on edge over the weekend. I assure you - my MLAT was terrible! Good Luck.

Ha ha, thanks for the updates, though regardless i'm probably just keep hitting refresh on the website all day today and tomorrow!

I'm sure the MLAT's went better than you think and if it makes you feel better at least you only think you messed up the MLAT which is the tiebreaker. I instead seemed to use up all my brain power on the MLAT (which think went ok)leaving me with a nice empty head for the interview which i therefore totally cacked up! Hmmmm, it was not a pretty sight-my main hope is they somehow took pity on me during the interview and i'll scrape through on sympathy-yup i know it's a long shot! Good luck all
Reply 1621
yup im checking loads as well. Hope its friday! Im off abroad for a month on sunday and I will spend a 7 hour flight obsessing a little if i dont know!

Also feel that I fluffed the interview though the MLAT didnt seem too bad to me. Some of the grammatical stuff towards the end got pretty sketchy though. Still, me and Rah2903 had a similiar sort of exchange before the first round results came out and somehow it turned out ok!

Good luck to all
Quick Question...those who had their checks completed does the CRB check ever change from "Disc Certificate Sent" or has something gone wrong with mine?
Reply 1623
RWD1
yup im checking loads as well. Hope its friday! Im off abroad for a month on sunday and I will spend a 7 hour flight obsessing a little if i dont know!

Also feel that I fluffed the interview though the MLAT didnt seem too bad to me. Some of the grammatical stuff towards the end got pretty sketchy though. Still, me and Rah2903 had a similiar sort of exchange before the first round results came out and somehow it turned out ok!

Good luck to all

Did any of you get your results today? Cheers...
Reply 1624
Ellsbells3032
Quick Question...those who had their checks completed does the CRB check ever change from "Disc Certificate Sent" or has something gone wrong with mine?

Mine stayed the same for weeks. I asked Parity about it, and they said it would be changed to "completed" within a couple of weeks. After about a month with no change, I emailed them again to ask if my paperwork had been sent through to the Cabinet Office yet. As if by magic, the status of my checks changed to "completed" later that day...
Daff0dil
Mine stayed the same for weeks. I asked Parity about it, and they said it would be changed to "completed" within a couple of weeks. After about a month with no change, I emailed them again to ask if my paperwork had been sent through to the Cabinet Office yet. As if by magic, the status of my checks changed to "completed" later that day...

Well mines said "disc cert sent" since mid march and I received my CRB back and have been placed in a Department but I got an email saying today that my checks haven't been completed. Now this may be because I haven't got my degree certificate but I am concerned its because of my CRB
Jimbo01
Did any of you get your results today? Cheers...

Hi Jimbo,

I got my results and I'm in!

Very excited and glad all the various assessments, interviews and especially the waiting is all over...
Ellsbells3032
Well mines said "disc cert sent" since mid march and I received my CRB back and have been placed in a Department but I got an email saying today that my checks haven't been completed. Now this may be because I haven't got my degree certificate but I am concerned its because of my CRB

I wouldn't worry about it too much, mine says 'disc cert sent' too. I'm fairly certain it only says 'in progress' because we haven't got our degree certificates yet.
Reply 1628
thefeet1980
Hi Jimbo,

I got my results and I'm in!

Very excited and glad all the various assessments, interviews and especially the waiting is all over...

Superb news - congrats
Reply 1629
I got in as well. Congrats to all whatever your results.

Am frantically attempting to fill in my various forms before I leave tomorrow to go abroad for a month. Can any who has been succesful advise, they seem to mention proof of ID in the email but dont specify what they want unless i've missed it. Am sure over the course of things I have sent them a 1000 photocopies of different IDs, is that sufficient?
Reply 1630
RWD1
I got in as well. Congrats to all whatever your results.

Am frantically attempting to fill in my various forms before I leave tomorrow to go abroad for a month. Can any who has been succesful advise, they seem to mention proof of ID in the email but dont specify what they want unless i've missed it. Am sure over the course of things I have sent them a 1000 photocopies of different IDs, is that sufficient?

They need copies of at least two pieces of ID with your address on, e.g. driving license, utility bill, bank statement etc.

Not sure what else - for the disclosure form I photocopied my passport, driving license and NI card, plus put in a bank statement for a second address, which might have been overkill. Hope that helps.
Reply 1631
thanks for that, i provided all that stuff when i passed FSAC so hopefully that'll be it!
I've emailed to ask about the proof of ID, I assumed that having done all that for FSAC that would be enough.
Quick question - has anyone had a start date for DECC yet? I'm desperate to quit my job (they're shipping me abroad against my will) but don't want to do it too early. I've been assigned there but haven't yet visited the department, I've been told things are moving a little slower there then other departments as they're new.

Has anyone been in yet?
I have also been assigned to DECC, last I heard they are still working out actual roles for incoming fast streamers. I have only had contact with the BIS grade manager though who thought sometime in late July would be a likely time for roles to be worked out. I guess DECC being a new dept. is a bit unfortunate for your situation! Have you asked the BIS grade manager about this?
Hey any DAS people about?

I am going to a meeting with the DWP next Wednesday. Got the itinery today. Anyone else going to anything like this?
Reply 1636
Hi envelope-glue... Hope your DWP meeting goes well. I've got a DAS meeting tomorrow with the UKBA - no itinerary as such, just a location and time, but they sent a good amount of info about the agency along with the invite to the meeting. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest :smile: any other UKBA DAS folk around?
No but I got an e-mail this morning from DAS about he DWP asking if I could please confirm my availability by the end of the day. I don't have an itinerary yet. By the time i take up any job tho it'll be time to start re-applying for the FS.
:-)
Reply 1638
Kazrem: "I've got a DAS meeting tomorrow with the UKBA - no itinerary as such, just a location and time, but they sent a good amount of info about the agency along with the invite to the meeting. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest any other UKBA DAS folk around?"

Very very jealous of your interview! Good luck!

I got asked if I would want to do UKBA at the beginning of the month. I said yes, sent in all the forms etc. but not heard anything else.

I did write to Tracey Blower asking when I could hope to hear, as I'm going away for a couple of months next week, but got no response! Do you think its worth chasing them up????
Reply 1639
I would definitely chase her up again, especially if you're going away soon. Although the FAQs about the DAS suggested that this process can take a while... perhaps it may mean that they have another department in mind for you as well as the UKBA? From reading last year's forum, it seems that people sometimes had an opportunity with more than one. Have you had any of your forms etc sent back? for instance, your degree certificates or disclosure forms? that would show they're at least processing your application somehow.

I think there's no harm in emailing Tracey again... it'd be worth it, the department seems great. good luck with the chase! - let me know how things work out.

Latest

Trending

Trending