The Student Room Group

Will covid disappear in 2021?

Do you guys think covid-19 pandemic will end in 2021? Im hearing hopefully end of 2021 as vaccines are ready? What are your thoughts on this?
Yes, once the government shuts down the 5G network and we've all had a chlorex bath.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
lets me honest, probably not
Just depends how quickly vaccines can be rolled out and how effective they are
Original post by glassalice
Yes, once the government shuts down the 5G network and we've all had a chlorex bath.

Spoiler

Hahahahahahha your soo funny OMG
Original post by Armaan247
Hahahahahahha your soo funny OMG

Garbage question = garbage answer OMG!!!!!! 😍😍😍
Reply 6
Dunno, I lost my crystal ball.
In all seriousness nobody knows..
Reply 7

It is mind boggling how many times this question has been asked in the past week.
Viruses never really disappear.
No, expect daily deaths to surge well over 1000 in the next few weeks.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
It is mind boggling how many times this question has been asked in the past week.

It's at epidemic levels...
No, it won't *go away*. It may reduce but I can't see it being eradicated in the near future.
Original post by Anagogic
No, expect daily deaths to surge well over 1000 in the next few weeks.

So do you think that colleges and schools may close longer if this is the case?

Yeah yeah your so funny I dont give 2 ***** what you say. And it aint garbage I just want opinions get lost and never comment on here .
So do you think that colleges and schools may close longer if this is the case?

Possibly, only time will tell, but other disruptions are likely to follow.
I don't think it will ever go away entirely. Another mutation will appear at some point, which the current vaccines won't protect against, the question is will this happen any time soon, or will it take decades?

We might just have to learn to live with Coronavirus, if herd immunity was achieved, it could be the case that it's just confined to poorer parts of the world, as is the case for many diseases.

It's a fairly cold calculation, but at some point governments will decide that enough herd immunity/vaccination has been achieved that the economic damage outweighs any consequences of cancelling lockdowns.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but governments will also be keen to point out the impact lockdown is having on other parts of the health service (cancer screenings, etc...), in the future, I could see a turning point where statistically the lockdown is killing more than no lockdown.

Personally, I'm loving lockdown as it's totally revolutionised my work life in a permanent way. Many here are too young to realize just how draining/pointless office environments and commutes are if you don't have the personality type for them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah yeah your so funny I dont give 2 ***** what you say. And it aint garbage I just want opinions get lost and never comment on here .

Okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending