The Student Room Group

Loss of smell from coronavirus

I had coronavirus in September of 2021 and still cannot smell. Anyone else had this or have any tips that worked for them?
Essential oils - smell training. every day, sniff each essential oil to train your smell back. Some say burnt orange also helps.
Reply 2
Okay thank you, will give it a try.
Reply 3
bro couldn't smell for 2 years
Reply 4
Anosmia was quite the common after effect of covid and can be lasting or alter your sense of smell.

As the above post mentioned it is about retraining your olfactory nerve (nerve responsible for smell) to recognise scents. You can do this by taste too. Something sweet, sour, salty and spicy.

Use strong scents, lemon, eucalyptus etc
Reply 5
Even when I had COVID I could smell. I guess it depends on the strain of the virus you had.
The only post COVID effect I have which is 100% COVID related is random sharp pain in a random muscle every now and then....
Reply 6
Original post by Kmgs00
Anosmia was quite the common after effect of covid and can be lasting or alter your sense of smell.

As the above post mentioned it is about retraining your olfactory nerve (nerve responsible for smell) to recognise scents. You can do this by taste too. Something sweet, sour, salty and spicy.

Use strong scents, lemon, eucalyptus etc

Interesting.Might help.

Quick Reply

Latest