The Student Room Group

3 years evidence

I'm a UK national, i.e., I have a UK passport. I'm applying for this year Sep 2024 but my three year evidence is short for good reasons. In 2021, I was stuck abroad because of Covid and couldn't come back unless I paid the high cost of quarantine hotel. I came back to the UK for a month in 2022 for emergency matters, and then I left to sort all my matters to leave the for the UK for good, and then I came back mid of 2022. I've had a stable job in the UK since then. Also, all my family are living and working in the UK.

My question is, I hope my application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Are they many people here who had lost years because of covid?
Would I be eligible is my end question.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there,

What country did you live in and was this on a temporary basis or had you moved to this country permanently and then changed your mind? Before you moved abroad had you been living in the UK beforehand?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Colombia, and it was temporary. And yes, I have been living the UK before.
Hi there,

Once you submit your application you would need to upload evidence to us to show your break in residency was temporary. We can accept tempoaray visas and work contracts. You can also provide evidence that you kept a link to the UK such as bank statements and evidence of still paying bills in the UK.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Once you submit your application you would need to upload evidence to us to show your break in residency was temporary. We can accept tempoaray visas and work contracts. You can also provide evidence that you kept a link to the UK such as bank statements and evidence of still paying bills in the UK.
Thanks, Drew

This I can do. Yes, I had a link to the UK as I studied remotely for a UK Science course. Anything else I can provide?
Hi there,

You just need to provide all the evidence that you have that shows that your break in residency was temporary.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending