The Student Room Group

good study tips

HI, i looking for good study tips to learn Science for GSCE?

Please Help

Thanks
Seneca learning has some subjects
https://app.senecalearning.com
Original post by imsleepingmate
Seneca learning has some subjects
https://app.senecalearning.com

Thanks for this, but not a fan of that website you have any other tips ideas?
Original post by Blue Defender

Please Help

Thanks

Past papers are good practice

Please Help

Thanks

for learning textbooks / videos
for revising past papers
don't expect to get good marks in papers right after learning content. after you practice a bit you will get the hang of it :smile:
Reply 5
past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers

hahahaha I thinks I've made it clear

I know they are boring but its the only way to get practice (q's are really repetitive)

I also used Seneca, quizlet and physics and maths tutor

Please Help

Thanks

No point GCSE and ALEVELS are cancelled this year....so no need to study...you should have all your work handed in by now.
Science is my favourite subject. I did for GCSE but never did for A level. I regret that. Take Biology or Chemistry at A level, Science is really interesting

Don't worry Science GCSE is easy I got A B B but I only did past papers and learnt the content

Good luck
Original post by SCRIV49
No point GCSE and ALEVELS are cancelled this year....so no need to study...you should have all your work handed in by now.

No you should study because schools may open and they may make you sit a mock exam or an online mock exam. Cheating is bad

Also you need to be prepared for Level 3 A level or BTEC
Original post by TheyCallMe1
No you should study because schools may open and they may make you sit a mock exam or an online mock exam. Cheating is bad

lol............ OMG! Schools arent going to open Boris told you they are all shut until March 31st and all exams are cancelled!
Original post by SCRIV49
lol............ OMG! Schools arent going to open Boris told you they are all shut until March 31st and all exams are cancelled!

They are cancelled for now...

But I am sure there will be exams for external or appeal students because there is a vaccine and by then everyone would have taken it so Covid 19 transmission will be limited

Plus you might want to appeal your teachers grade because it is too low
Original post by SCRIV49

i year 10, so only doing them next year, our teachers are making sure that we learn the matreal and every month now giving us a test for all the mateial
Original post by philogrobized
for learning textbooks / videos
for revising past papers
don't expect to get good marks in papers right after learning content. after you practice a bit you will get the hang of it :smile:

Original post by Kurzzz
past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers

hahahaha I thinks I've made it clear

I know they are boring but its the only way to get practice (q's are really repetitive)

I also used Seneca, quizlet and physics and maths tutor

Science is my favourite subject. I did for GCSE but never did for A level. I regret that. Take Biology or Chemistry at A level, Science is really interesting

Don't worry Science GCSE is easy I got A B B but I only did past papers and learnt the content

Good luck

thanks so much x
A list of techniques-

Past question papers
Weekly quizzes
Revision notes
Workbooks
Flashcards
Mind maps
Venn diagrams for processes
Videos
Booklets of questions