The Student Room Group

King’s vs Trinity, Cambridge

Hi I received an offer from King’s, but I am regretting that I didn’t apply for Trinity. Please tell me anything that cheers me up regarding this issue? (Or tell me if I made a mistake)

I didn’t really think about the College properly..
Original post by Sadcam
Hi I received an offer from King’s, but I am regretting that I didn’t apply for Trinity. Please tell me anything that cheers me up regarding this issue? (Or tell me if I made a mistake)

I didn’t really think about the College properly..

King's is the "icon" of Cambridge.... all the postcards feature King's, and the main street in Cambridge is literally King's Parade in front of King's, full of students... no one sees Trinity in the background

Only appeal of Trinity is its historical alumni + massive endowment, but you'll never see much of that anyway
Reply 2
Original post by Buttmuffin
King's is the "icon" of Cambridge.... all the postcards feature King's, and the main street in Cambridge is literally King's Parade in front of King's, full of students... no one sees Trinity in the background

Only appeal of Trinity is its historical alumni + massive endowment, but you'll never see much of that anyway

From prestige perspective, not much less than trinity would you say in that case?
i dont think prestige would vary too much between these two colleges (unless its trinity maths, but then the difference in prestige would still be neglible)
Original post by Sadcam
From prestige perspective, not much less than trinity would you say in that case?

Basically, no difference
Reply 5
Original post by Buttmuffin
Basically, no difference

Thank you for your info!!
Reply 6
Original post by casabonita
i dont think prestige would vary too much between these two colleges (unless its trinity maths, but then the difference in prestige would still be neglible)

Thank you for your opinion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending