The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Best Queens Belfast Accommodation

Hi, ive applied for queens university in Belfast for this year and was wondering if anyone new which accommodation was nicest and easiest to meet people, BT9 or BT1 or 2?
Original post by Han_Moore
Hi, ive applied for queens university in Belfast for this year and was wondering if anyone new which accommodation was nicest and easiest to meet people, BT9 or BT1 or 2?

Hi Han_Moore!

Congrats on your application!

In first year I stayed in the BT1 city centre accommodation. I liked it for the new facilities and on-site gym. However, I found that even though there is a great common room, it is not as much of a social atmosphere as Elms BT9. It is also a 20ish minute walk from uni (but with a good bus connection for if it's raining). Its city centre location makes it good for going out, and for the shops. BT2 is similar to BT1, but it is slightly closer to the main campus and doesn't have a gym (though you can go to the BT1 gym). The BT9 gym is at the main university sports centre.

Overall, i think it depends on what you prioritise. BT9 is the 'party' accommodation and though you can meet people in BT1/2, they're a bit quieter. Single and on-suite rooms are available at both, but in BT9 you share the kitchen with around 10 people and in BT1/2 you can choose between 4, 5 or 6 people.

I know I've rambled a bit - if you have any more questions about what I've said or anything at all please ask!

Team Queen's
Emily, 2nd year Biological Sciences
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
hello, I've put my first preference as bt9 as it is only place with parking but I'm wondering if I have made the wrong decision...I think I could feel more comfortable with just 4/5 other people but 10 seems like alot and sounds scary lol. I wasnt initially planning to go to QUB sl didnt dk proper research before applying to accommodation. do I absolutely have to take my first prefence accommodation or can I switch to second or what? I really dont know what to do
Original post by Anonymous
hello, I've put my first preference as bt9 as it is only place with parking but I'm wondering if I have made the wrong decision...I think I could feel more comfortable with just 4/5 other people but 10 seems like alot and sounds scary lol. I wasnt initially planning to go to QUB sl didnt dk proper research before applying to accommodation. do I absolutely have to take my first prefence accommodation or can I switch to second or what? I really dont know what to do

Hi Anonymous,

I would recommend emailing the accomodation team about your question. Here is the email [email protected]. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending