The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU league tables

Hi everyone

Is anyone else concerned at DMU's drop in the league tables this year. Last year, DMU sat at 61 on the guardian league tables but the 2021 league table shows the university at 119. Why is this? Is it because of the way the university handled the Covid situation?

I chose DMU because of the positive things I heard about the university and I felt really at home there - it was the only uni that I looked round that I actually really liked. It's quite shocking and frankly, embarrassing to see the university at such a low ranking.

Can someone give me reassurance/ I don't want my future to be affected because the university has such a low rating.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone

Is anyone else concerned at DMU's drop in the league tables this year. Last year, DMU sat at 61 on the guardian league tables but the 2021 league table shows the university at 119. Why is this? Is it because of the way the university handled the Covid situation?

I chose DMU because of the positive things I heard about the university and I felt really at home there - it was the only uni that I looked round that I actually really liked. It's quite shocking and frankly, embarrassing to see the university at such a low ranking.

Can someone give me reassurance/ I don't want my future to be affected because the university has such a low rating.

Hey there!

With league tables, these measure a variety of different factors so depending on the league table you look at, they could be measuring for a certain aspect (such as teaching quality, research quality, ratio of staff to students etc.) and this can affect a university's percentage / score on said table. As we're less of a research based university and more teaching heavy, we may fall quite low on tables where they focus on research a university has provided; so sometimes it's worth having a look around and speak to students from the course to build a picture up on what its like to come study.

I understand why you may be quite concerned, however, as a graduate from DMU, I just wanted to pop a message to see if there was anything I can do about helping you get a real sense of what our university has to offer; as I have had a fantastic experience in my four years as a student, so I'd love to talk more and help you find out all about us. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about DMU at all? Would you like me to talk about my experience, the facilities and city, societies we offer - the list could go on! :biggrin:

Looking forward to chatting!

- Emi
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending