The Student Room Group

college or 6th form?

I'm currently in year 10, ive picked my options and one of them is a college course. The college course is small animal care and long story short, i knew i wanted to be a vet since i was in year 6. i am now coming toward my GCSE's and after that i cant work out whether doing college courses level 1+2 animal studies and then going onto level 3 veterinary nurse, or staying at 6th form. the only reason i would have to stay at 6th form is if my GCSE grades arent high enough. does anyone reccomend whether 6th form or college is more beneficial. (uni would be after either one of them anyway so im not worried about uni).
Reply 1
either do the one you will enjoy more or the one you get the grades for, what subjects are u taking and what are your predictions
Reply 2
Original post by a_w_
either do the one you will enjoy more or the one you get the grades for, what subjects are u taking and what are your predictions

i had 3 options to pick but because i picked a course that meant i was at college for 1 day a week, that took up two of my options. soo have Small Animal Care as one, and Health Social and Child Care as my other option, but tbh i don’t really want to work with children. my predicted grades are mainly B’s, i think there was 1/2 A’s and a C/D in physics (it’s my weak point) but those could change between now and my GCSE’s.

Quick Reply

Latest