The Student Room Group

Gcse Pe

Hi,
I’m good in academics and with gcse pe - I know I can throughly learn the content really good.I have a problem with practical though as I have played cricket last year and I’m pretty good - I’ve played club level and school level in past years and still play for school. I also do boxing with a heavy bag at home and am pretty decent at long distance running (5km in 25mins???)
I want to know whether I should do it or not because I know that with sports I’m not the best but with the theory I can definetly why good scores.
Any information will help
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by yuvrajsdhaliwal
Hi,
I’m good in academics and with gcse pe - I know I can throughly learn the content really good.I have a problem with practical though as I have played cricket last year and I’m pretty good - I’ve played club level and school level in past years and still play for school. I also do boxing with a heavy bag at home and am pretty decent at long distance running (5km in 25mins???)
I want to know whether I should do it or not because I know that with sports I’m not the best but with the theory I can definetly why good scores.
Any information will help
Thanks

Could you join a club for boxing? I think it’s best to have 2 sports you play for a club and one that you can work on. However, there’s plenty of time for you to pick up a sport! Your practical makes up 25 marks for each sport (75 marks total) so it is important to get a good mark in each, no matter how good your theory is. Anyway hope this helps and good luck!
Ok thanks - I do edexcel which is 30% sports practical and at the moment I’m in year 9. I might start going boxing next year.
Reply 3
Yeah I’m on AQA but I’m sure it’s not too different. They said rock climbings always an easy one to get marks in so maybe see if your school offers that 🤷🏽*♀️
This is a list of ideas
Running
Tennis
Fencing
Archery
Kickboxing
Swimming
Skiing
Athletics
Mountain biking
Snow sports
Dancing