The Student Room Group

how do i get out of PE? permanently?

for the past year or so, ive been telling my teachers that my mother 'sent in an email' so i could get out of PE. (my teachers never check their emails, so i get out of it without question) i fear that this excuse will soon no longer work, and need to know how to get out of it. i already exercise at home, and im not overweight or unfit in any way. i enjoy sports, just not gym class.

cons of doing PE: mean girls in my class ****-talk me, im VERY insecure and feel more comfortable exercising alone, hate the changing rooms, causes me so much stress, just hate the teachers & uniform, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS!!
Nah I don't think you get to just opt of classes I'm afraid.
Original post by Zjzjzjkjzjsjsk
for the past year or so, ive been telling my teachers that my mother 'sent in an email' so i could get out of PE. (my teachers never check their emails, so i get out of it without question) i fear that this excuse will soon no longer work, and need to know how to get out of it. i already exercise at home, and im not overweight or unfit in any way. i enjoy sports, just not gym class.

cons of doing PE: mean girls in my class ****-talk me, im VERY insecure and feel more comfortable exercising alone, hate the changing rooms, causes me so much stress, just hate the teachers & uniform, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS!!

Gym in PE suck’s it’s all about Football
Reply 3
there probably isn't a way to get out of PE permanently unless it was for a really good reason, like a torn ACL or something that takes months of recovery. and I wouldn't recommend hurting yourself to get out of PE. you'll probably have to just suck it up for now until PE is optional. I get it tho girls can be mean for no reason.
Original post by Spelunker
there probably isn't a way to get out of PE permanently unless it was for a really good reason, like a torn ACL or something that takes months of recovery. and I wouldn't recommend hurting yourself to get out of PE. you'll probably have to just suck it up for now until PE is optional. I get it tho girls can be mean for no reason.

you don't understand!; im going through hell here! i already have an eating disorder, this class doesn't help ANYTHING and i feel terrible about it.
You can’t, you have to do it till year 9 at least and then can drop it at GCSE.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
You can’t, you have to do it till year 9 at least and then can drop it at GCSE.

I thought the current national curriculum rules where 2 hours minimum per week 4 hours recommended until the end of year 11.
Original post by mnot
I thought the current national curriculum rules where 2 hours minimum per week 4 hours recommended until the end of year 11.

Well that never happened in my school thankfully!
Reply 8
Original post by mnot

Well, the govt recommends 2 hours but schools can do more or less. It is a legal requirement in maintained schools (not in academies), but in reality, how do they police that if a kid just doesn't do it?
Original post by Zjzjzjkjzjsjsk
you don't understand!; im going through hell here! i already have an eating disorder, this class doesn't help ANYTHING and i feel terrible about it.

With respect I suspect they do understand what you are saying, but if you label this broadly as two issues, an eating disorder and bullying - both of these are issues the school would be likely obligated to investigate further and would not simply let you opt out of the class - for one thing they'd be leaving themselves wide open to your parents complaining that you were being forced out of classes and they had done nothing to include you - and if you've already been misleading school/parents about this that's obv liable to blow up in your face.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending