The Student Room Group

GCSE MUSIC,DRAMA and PE

So I am a year 9 student just about to pick my GCSE's but I really can't decide from Music Drama and PE my Head of year who is a PE teacher has told me to take PE but also I want to pursue a career in Acting/something to do with drama/Theatre and I write a lot of songs so thats the Music part and then I love sport and Also want to do something with sport/PE
Can someone help me please.
Original post by Bella8304
So I am a year 9 student just about to pick my GCSE's but I really can't decide from Music Drama and PE my Head of year who is a PE teacher has told me to take PE but also I want to pursue a career in Acting/something to do with drama/Theatre and I write a lot of songs so thats the Music part and then I love sport and Also want to do something with sport/PE

How many options are you allowed to pick, and what other subjects are planning on doing?
Reply 2

it depends on how many options you can choose.
People i know have chosen drama but its all about dedication.
make sure you choose something that you enjoy
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How many options are you allowed to pick, and what other subjects are planning on doing?

Um so basically English maths and science obviously and then Spanish and History.I then get two more options and thats where i am struggling to pick.
Um so basically English maths and science obviously and then Spanish and History.I then get two more options and thats where i am struggling to pick.

I would say because you want to go into acting, I would do drama and then pick one more. Are you better at music or PE and which one do you enjoy more?
Reply 5
I would say because you want to go into acting, I would do drama and then pick one more. Are you better at music or PE and which one do you enjoy more?

thats the thing im really good at both and i really enjoy both.I love writing songs and playing the drums.And i Love doing like football netball cheer gymnastics and more so yeh
thats the thing im really good at both and i really enjoy both.I love writing songs and playing the drums.And i Love doing like football netball cheer gymnastics and more so yeh

They both could be useful for acting as well. I did GCSE music and I absolutely loved but didn't do PE because I am not sporty in the slightest. I would get an opinion from someone who is not your head of year, but knows you well to see what they think, someone who isn't likely to be biased.
Reply 7
They both could be useful for acting as well. I did GCSE music and I absolutely loved but didn't do PE because I am not sporty in the slightest. I would get an opinion from someone who is not your head of year, but knows you well to see what they think, someone who isn't likely to be biased.

okay thank you
For Music GCSE what is in it like whats included in the exams and stuff?
okay thank you
For Music GCSE what is in it like whats included in the exams and stuff?

For music 40% is listening and appraising in which you have to listen to music and answer questions about the music. I did OCR so we studied world music, pop and rock music, film and game music and concertos. You have to listen for many different things and likely isn't something you have done before. For composition you have to do 2, one of which you have free choice and the other you have to use prompts from the exam board and for performance you have to do a solo performance and a group performance.
Reply 9
For music 40% is listening and appraising in which you have to listen to music and answer questions about the music. I did OCR so we studied world music, pop and rock music, film and game music and concertos. You have to listen for many different things and likely isn't something you have done before. For composition you have to do 2, one of which you have free choice and the other you have to use prompts from the exam board and for performance you have to do a solo performance and a group performance.

okk what did you take for gcse then?
Reply 10

oh and thank you
okk what did you take for gcse then?

I did geography, German, music and Spanish (although I dropped Spanish mid way through year 11)
Reply 12
I did geography, German, music and Spanish (although I dropped Spanish mid way through year 11)

okayy thank you

Quick Reply

Latest