Sharia Courts in Britain

Dear People of Britain,

The first official Sharia Courts have been opened in Britain:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4749183.ece

Stop Sharia law in Britain video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=a-KHHKuVVRc

If you want to stop this outrageous act then sign the following petition:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/shariastop/

If you will really care about this country then you will not ignore this but sign the petition and make a difference.

LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY!!!!! :biggrin:

PS: Make comments on what you think about the video and petition.

EDIT - Conservatives promise to ban sharia courts -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/conservative/3096229/Conservatives-would-ban-sharia-courts-says-shadow-minister.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What if I like Sharia law?
Absolute Joke.

One Country, one system of law - No exceptions.

Religion, poisoning things as it does.
Reply 3
Why is there no petition against Jewish civil courts that have been in this country for decades?

I see no difference.

Well done extreme right-wing parties, you've managed to manipulate ignorance into petition votes.
The more the better
DJkG.1
Why is there no petition against Jewish civil courts that have been in this country for decades?

I see no difference.

Well done extreme right-wing parties, you've managed to manipulate ignorance into petition votes.

I stand against them too.

This is a Secular country.
Reply 6
|>|Imagine|<|
This is a Secular country.

Well, not really. >_>
BJack
Well, not really. >_>

No, It is.

CoE is a silly epithet of Historical Circumstance. We are a culturally secular country.
Reply 8
I wonder how many people on that petition have actually read a proper report on the Sharia courts, or have a clue what the Arbitration Act is on about. :rolleyes:
I can't really see the problem. It's not like everyone will be forced to abide by Sharia.
Reply 10
lol , exactly DjkG. Plus someone needs to inform these deluded people about the jewish courts, that are equivalent of Shaira courts, which have been running in this country for over more then a decade
The left is scared of Muslims.

As is Cameron.

This will only get worse.
EierVonSatan
you don't see the issue of having one set of laws for one set of people and another set laws for other people?

It's morally the same. As long as alcohol isn't banned, and the death penalty is kept out, I'm okay.
Vegitto
lol , exactly DjkG. Plus someone needs to inform these deluded people about the jewish courts, that are equivalent of Shaira courts, which have been running in this country for over more then a decade

"Deluded people"

This is so rich - You're the one running around along with others proclaiming your imaginary friend want's this and that. :woo:

Theism is funny, tiresome and silly. Wish this world was free of it's benign tumor we call religion, but alas - the christians are covering the prevention of medical research so there's little hope of that being cured anytime soon.
Reply 14
rockrunride
It's morally the same. As long as alcohol isn't banned, and the death penalty is kept out, I'm okay.

Lol, and that could never happen.

The Sharia Courts in the UK work through the Arbitration Act, which means both parties have to agree to allow a Sharia Judge to make a ruling, which will be enforced by the British law enforcement system, as if an ordinary magistrate passed the judgement.

It only covers civil law, and that too, only minor areas of the legislation laid out over centuries.

I swear most opposition is from the ignorant, but in a democracy what can we do? :frown:
Reply 15
I want my own court.
Reply 16
I'm not sure I totally understand, so I have some questions if someone knows the answers?

Firstly, why are the Sharia courts allowed to rule on criminal issues? I thought the arbitration act was for businesses and for family matters (child custody recommendations) and employment law. Linked to this, is there any difference in the scope of what the Jewish and Sharia courts rule on?

Secondly, I believe that all parties concerned have to agree to use the arbitration panel, but do women get a fair say? I ask this having read some comments about using the Sharia courts for domestic abuse charges - did the women agree to using the Sharia courts, and could they have been in a position where they had to agree?

Any common misconceptions that I might have?
Reply 17
|>|Imagine|<|

Theism is funny, tiresome and silly. Wish this world was free of it's benign tumor we call religion, but alas - the christians are covering the prevention of medical research so there's little hope of that being cured anytime soon.

:yep:
tristanperry
The left is scared of Muslims.

As is Cameron.

This will only get worse.

This person who supports the left has many Muslim friends.
i have signed the petition and its because i do not agree that religion should ever be involved in the law process as its not impartial

Latest

Trending

Trending