The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham university

I’m starting university this year and have firmed Durham but my question applies to my insurance choice (Sunderland) too. I’m planning on commuting so I can support my family and it’s a 1hr drive or 1hr and 15 minutes on trains (similar length of time to commute to Sunderland). I’m planning to use trains but may drive once I feel confident and have passed my practical test. I only really want to be travelling twice a day (to the uni and back). I don’t know a lot about the formals there, how often are they and can I attend them despite not living in uni accommodation? Also, could anyone tell me about any other problems they had with commuting to uni (especially if Durham) and how they got around it just so I can be prepared. Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m starting university this year and have firmed Durham but my question applies to my insurance choice (Sunderland) too. I’m planning on commuting so I can support my family and it’s a 1hr drive or 1hr and 15 minutes on trains (similar length of time to commute to Sunderland). I’m planning to use trains but may drive once I feel confident and have passed my practical test. I only really want to be travelling twice a day (to the uni and back). I don’t know a lot about the formals there, how often are they and can I attend them despite not living in uni accommodation? Also, could anyone tell me about any other problems they had with commuting to uni (especially if Durham) and how they got around it just so I can be prepared. Thank you

Just a thought, if I wanted to go to a formal but travel on the train I would wear my outfit on the train but where would I change. Do they have changing facilities at the college that I could use?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest