The Student Room Group

How do you feel about the new exam rules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingpin x
If someone from the Telegraph wanted to do an interview with students, TSR would announce it beforehand.

I don't think the telegraph is officially connected to TSR in any way. She seems to have just tried her luck here, she's done the same on her twitter as well.
Original post by cleveranimal56
I don't think the telegraph is officially connected to TSR in any way. She seems to have just tried her luck here, she's done the same on her twitter as well.

As it's related to exams, I think the site would have a rough idea if a journalist was willing to speak to young people in regards to schooling. And there are some users who are giving out personal information etc, which I really don't understand. But yeah you are right, and also it's a tad bid random for a journalist who writes for a successful News industry to come on here, make an account and ask questions.
Guys just a note the Telegraph is based in Canary Wharf not in Buckingham palace as noted on the email.

Please do be careful and not share your personal details.
Original post by kingpin x
As it's related to exams, I think the site would have a rough idea if a journalist was willing to speak to young people in regards to schooling. And there are some users who are giving out personal information etc, which I really don't understand. But yeah you are right, and also it's a tad bid random for a journalist who writes for a successful News industry to come on here, make an account and ask questions.

I've just had an online interview/chat with the journalist in question, and I can confirm that they are 100% legit. I hope that clears any doubts you people have. Also, she is looking for more GCSE/A-level students to talk to so feel free to PM her.
I've just had an online interview/chat with the journalist in question, and I can confirm that they are 100% legit. I hope that clears any doubts you people have. Also, she is looking for more GCSE/A-level students to talk to so feel free to PM her.

Thank you for your clarification.

May I ask how did she clarify that she works for the Telegraph?
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Thank you for your clarification.

May I ask how did she clarify that she works for the Telegraph?

She works for the "Telegraph Media Group Limited," so maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they have a different headquarters for that company, which is the proprietor for the Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph. Also, she took no personal information from me and purely interviewed me about the changes made to GCSE/A-level exams, so I have no clue where the hitch in this is.
She works for the "Telegraph Media Group Limited," so maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they have a different headquarters for that company, which is the proprietor for the Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph. Also, she took no personal information from me and purely interviewed me about the changes made to GCSE/A-level exams, so I have no clue where the hitch in this is.

Oh okay. That makes sense then. I just wanted to be sure before you all got duped.
Willing to give a Scottish perspective if needed

Quick Reply

Latest