The Student Room Group

I survived a very bad bout of depression and suicidal thoughts! AMA! :D

So, I had a really really tough 2020 as did most people I suppose, but unlike most I was suffering from severe depression and anxiety. At many points I felt like life wasn't worth living and was in a very dark place for the last 6 months. I'm finally coming out of this deep hole I was in with the help of NHS CBT.

AMA! And please keep it sensitive to those on here with mental health issues. MH is no joke!
I glad you’re doing better. How was your day?
:hugs: how are you feeling today?
Original post by boulderingislife
So, I had a really really tough 2020 as did most people I suppose, but unlike most I was suffering from severe depression and anxiety. At many points I felt like life wasn't worth living and was in a very dark place for the last 6 months. I'm finally coming out of this deep hole I was in with the help of NHS CBT.

AMA! And please keep it sensitive to those on here with mental health issues. MH is no joke!

have you eaten yet?

What you doing?
Original post by boulderingislife

Did you take medication like anti depressants or ssri ?
Original post by Hellllpppp
I glad you’re doing better. How was your day?

3 days ago I was feeling fine. Today I feel like crap! I got offered a job and yesterday I accepted it and now i’m feeling anxious and ****! :eek:
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
have you eaten yet?

What you doing?

Not eaten yet. In the loo, having breakfast in a bit!
Original post by Anonymous
Did you take medication like anti depressants or ssri ?

What’s SSRI? I first took diazepam in 2006/7 which is when my mental health issues first started. Then in 2013 I had a bad bout of depression so I was prescribed and took anti depressants, but I stopped taking them as they made me feel too good and eventually suicidal. I came off them and have been anti drugs ever since. Something about being on meds feels so fake - like you’re only kicking the can down the road and not dealing with the deeper issues. I’m now in therapy again (3rd bout of CBT), and this therapist is trying something new and it is tough but seems to be helping.
Original post by HS_1
:hugs: how are you feeling today?

Feeling overwhelmed like life is not worth living :cry2: :hugs: I know it’s just a phase of crappiness and it will pass. I just need to procrastinate till the feeling passes.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest