The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Keen Houseman
Got 80 overall but difficult to predict how competitive that is as for all I know someone with, say, 80.1 may by fluke decide to pick the one programme I'm specifically interested in on a whim/for obscure reasons/as backup, leaving me with the rest of the group which are not so good for me re. interests. Risky! I wish there was no Group Allocation step and you could just rank all programmes individually in a region.

76 is a good score based on last year's stats - if you just want to be in Inverness/the Highlands generally I'd be positive about that - very best of luck!

Yeah, I'm basically looking at N10/N01/N11, but there are only a few jobs within each group that I want. So it's totally dependent on who else chooses those groups!
Does anyone know which groups from South region from 2020 match up to the groups of this year? As they've added some and changed some around etc. Just trying to see how competitive the groups have been in the past!

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks so much for all that information:smile:

I have a car and I’m postgrad/mature. You have convinced me! Hope to see you there too!

No problem. Fingers-crossed!
hello, does anyone know if we have to rank ALL of the programmes? Or can we just rank the top 30 out of 60? Thanks.
do you guys reckon the cut off scores for each region would be different to last year? (Higher or Lower in context of ?more jobs, ?more applicants, people wanting or not wanting to live in Scotland post covid etc.) my scores are on the borderline (based on previous stats) for SE and contemplating whether I should just apply for East and aim for better rotation than to be stuck in Borders for the majority of my 2 years
Original post by hampineapple
hello, does anyone know if we have to rank ALL of the programmes? Or can we just rank the top 30 out of 60? Thanks.

I don't think you have to rank all of them. If you've got a decent score, you might only have to rank 30 etc. It all depends on where you sit compared to other people! There's a graph on the Scotland foundation school website of the scores of everyone this year.
Original post by groundnutmeg
do you guys reckon the cut off scores for each region would be different to last year? (Higher or Lower in context of ?more jobs, ?more applicants, people wanting or not wanting to live in Scotland post covid etc.) my scores are on the borderline (based on previous stats) for SE and contemplating whether I should just apply for East and aim for better rotation than to be stuck in Borders for the majority of my 2 years

It looks like the distribution of scores is higher this year but people could want different hospitals? there's no way of really telling. I would put down jobs that you'd be happy with because there could still be a chance that you get a job in SE.
Reply 47
Anyone know how good the Borders is? 1 rotation there in the programme I’d like. And is it commutable?
Original post by 84192
Anyone know how good the Borders is? 1 rotation there in the programme I’d like. And is it commutable?

A quick google search shows it takes around an hour to drive from Edinburgh and even longer via public transport. I guess it just comes down to how long you're willing to travel!
So I'm not hearing great things about Queen Elizabeth hospital. Mainly about really bad rotas, anyone else hearing the same?
Original post by Greysvsgrays
So I'm not hearing great things about Queen Elizabeth hospital. Mainly about really bad rotas, anyone else hearing the same?

Yeah I’ve heard that it can be quite busy and stressful :/ still put it down first though haha
Yeah I’ve heard that it can be quite busy and stressful :/ still put it down first though haha

Lol Yahh I think the stories are still not enough to put me off completely either. Just wondering if anyone had heard any more about life (or lack of life) at the qe
Which programmes have you been looking at? :smile:
Lol Yahh I think the stories are still not enough to put me off completely either. Just wondering if anyone had heard any more about life (or lack of life) at the qe

Which programmes have you been looking at? I
Which programmes have you been looking at? I

Mainly west side, w30 and 31 maybe. You?
Mainly west side, w30 and 31 maybe. You?

W30 too! But also looked W17 :smile:
Hey guys, anyone know much about the hospitals in/around Edinburgh? Would love to know a bit more about the general hospital atmosphere at them if anyone has much insight? Would really appreciate it
How many groups is everyone ranking? I’ve ranked 30 so far and honestly it was such an effort haha
Original post by Fenrir1223
How many groups is everyone ranking? I’ve ranked 30 so far and honestly it was such an effort haha

Oh my days! It was! Ranked SE (carefully), west ( first 10 carefully the rest randomly) and then East randomly! And I’m not even going to bother with North.
Original post by Fenrir1223

I've ranked the W groups carefully, then added the rest randomly!

Latest

Trending

Trending