The Student Room Group

New School

Hi there,
I am new to this fourm seeking some advice...
I have recently joined a new small sized school due to issues in my old school in relative to freindship and feeling not nescerally having any real freinds, moving in Year nine however have not been able to start properly with covid restrictions so all lessons being online.
However, I will be soon getting into the school face to face and just want any advice on forming new friendships face to face as well as how I could even though lessons are online as I do feel slightly isolated as many are in pandemic.
Thank you for any replies, your time is appreciated.
hi,
I totally get u as I go to a very small sized school myself where class-sizes are pretty tight so it can be hard to form friendships. I would honestly say just be yourself, try to engage in as many activities as you may be able to connect with other people in your class that you wouldn't usually talk to in lessons. online, try to to talk to them so you can get to know them and stuff cause this will break the ice when you see them face to face :biggrin:.
Also do you have any hobbies or interests that you like doing? Maybe someone in your class might have the same interests and that would be a good way to start talking and also form a friendship:smile:.
I hope this helped and feel free to pm me as well (i'm in y9 too btw)

Quick Reply

Latest