The Student Room Group

Introduction

hello, I'm Salma and I'm currently in the end of second term exams of Year 9. I have chosen my blocks temporarily not the final ones yet, so wanted to share and get some advice on what I should do.
First of I am an Egyptian who lives in the Middle east. I go to a British school (obviously) and I was actually planning to go to American SAT but a month ago the Egyptian government has released a new disclaimer stating that SAT is now banned and no one will be accepted there so now I have to stay in IGCSEs.
I'm overwhelmed because I have heard many stories of people complaining that IGCSEs are very hard and you have to study all day and all night to get good grades so that is why I was changing to SAT in the first place. A while later I started watching YouTube videos of people saying that IGCSEs are not hard you just have to study.
moving on to what I chose: (keeping in mind that I want to be an engineer):
Block A: Biology -- Edexcel
Block B: Chemistry -- Edexcel
Block C: Arabic First Language (Compulsory for Egyptians) -- Cambridge
Block D: Physics -- Edexcel
Block E: so I wanted to choose DT but there wasn't so I was forced to choose Travel and Tourism but Thank god it is not the final blocks.
DT -- Cambridge
Travel and Tourism -- Cambridge
Block F: Computer Science -- Cambridge
Block G: Environmental Management -- Cambridge
I'm so stressing out and when should I start studying for them?
oh, also any textbook suggestions for the subjects? and past papers?

oh its because Mathematics and English Are compulsory that why I didn't include I only included the chosen ones
Also, Thank you, appreciate your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest