The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hiiii, yes so I had a score of 59.5 but it may have been higher because I miscalculated the gcse section as slightly lower but it doesn’t matter because I got the interview anyway. Also yes I am a y13 student and I got the interview through an email from med office. But I’d heard from people that Leicester tend to be quite generous with giving interviews out and especially offers (850 offers for 1000 interviews for 290ish places) so leicester is quite a good, manageable uni to get into. So if you get an interview, you just have to perform slightly above average to get the place and make sure your stats were good because these are used as tie breakers. Also with the qr UCAT score because they’re using that this year, if your above 650, you have a very good chance but if it’s below this, don’t get disheartened as your other sections can make up for this. Leicester is rlly good in the respect that the mmi’ are full despite being online so you have many chances to prove yourself. Don’t worry guys, you’ve got this!!!
Original post by FionaAAAAAA
Hiiii, yes so I had a score of 59.5 but it may have been higher because I miscalculated the gcse section as slightly lower but it doesn’t matter because I got the interview anyway. Also yes I am a y13 student and I got the interview through an email from med office. But I’d heard from people that Leicester tend to be quite generous with giving interviews out and especially offers (850 offers for 1000 interviews for 290ish places) so leicester is quite a good, manageable uni to get into. So if you get an interview, you just have to perform slightly above average to get the place and make sure your stats were good because these are used as tie breakers. Also with the qr UCAT score because they’re using that this year, if your above 650, you have a very good chance but if it’s below this, don’t get disheartened as your other sections can make up for this. Leicester is rlly good in the respect that the mmi’ are full despite being online so you have many chances to prove yourself. Don’t worry guys, you’ve got this!!!

Hey, sorry to bother but do you mind sharing what your actual points were or what your UCAT was? It’s just that I wanna try and get a read for when I’ll get an interview
I just got an interview from leicester and I booked it for 17th December. There was only December dates so I guess I was first batch as I think they do them all up to March. Earlier the better though in my eyes, all out the way so revision is easier later on. Good luck to everyone whether you get an interview or not. Be proud of how far you’ve got in the process!

congrats !!!
I just got an interview from leicester and I booked it for 17th December. There was only December dates so I guess I was first batch as I think they do them all up to March. Earlier the better though in my eyes, all out the way so revision is easier later on. Good luck to everyone whether you get an interview or not. Be proud of how far you’ve got in the process!

Congrats!!🥳🥳
Has anyone else gotten interviews? A100?
Reply 385
Original post by heyheyheyo

nope

I'm on a gap year so I assume I'll be hearing around March
Reply 387
Original post by dnejfn
I'm on a gap year so I assume I'll be hearing around March

I'm on a gap year but I'm also a grad so idk when I'll hear back

haven’t heard anything yet
silly question but just so i reduce my stress, they won't send out interviews during the weekend right?
Original post by macromed
silly question but just so i reduce my stress, they won't send out interviews during the weekend right?

i’m not entirely sure but if the university is ‘closed’ over the weekend, surely admissions would be as well? that would make sense but again i’m not 100% sure!
Original post by 020200
I'm on a gap year but I'm also a grad so idk when I'll hear back

I think grads and school leavers are in different groups scoring wise so I reckon each ‘group’ will hear at a similar time, but no idea when!
Original post by mohamedzz
How do you know your score??

https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/scoring
click the link for the 2022 entry pdf

Are u contextual? i got 61 and haven't heard back yet?
Hii, no I’m not contextual and my points were around the same as yours maybe a bit higher. But I don’t think they give interviews in that order and the cut off was 57 or something last year. Good Luck tho and all the very best!!
wait could you calculate your actual score of you don’t mindd, i’m actually on 59.5 so lol
Do leicester send interview invites in ranks of score or in no order?
Anyone with achieved grades get an interview yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 398
How strange that only one person on this thread has had an interview invite so far... Wonder when the rest of us will hear back from the Uni?
Exactly what I’ve been thinking. I haven’t heard anyone in this thread get any leicester one but me. I will ask around within my college and see who else got one. The dates I got were all for December so I guess I was “first batch” and maybe only a few people got first batch and then mainly everyone will get into the next one?! Idk I’m as confused as you all are LOL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending