Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Leicester for 2022 entry. I'm a final year BSc Biochemistry student at KCL. How's everyone feeling about the UCAT and application cycle etc?
Last edited by 020200; 6 months ago
tj21
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 020200)
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Leicester for 2022 entry. I'm a final year BSc Biochemistry student at KCL. How's everyone feeling about the UCAT and application cycle etc?
I'm thinking of applying too - I'm currently in year 13 but going to take a gap year and reapply (unsuccessful this year).
I'm quite nervous for the UCAT tbh as I have this fear that I'm going to do worse this year! I don't know what it is, I know I need to do better because I got an average score this year and UCAT thresholds for med schools have gone through the roof.
I'm hoping next year is less competitive as long as A levels are back to normal and there is no expected grade inflation - though I'm bracing myself for a year as competitive as this year!
I hope the UCAT cut off scores are lower this year but again I have this fear that they're going to get even higher than this year!
hallam1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does everyone think about cutoff scores this year? Last year was 57….I’ve got 59.5 and taking A levels next year. Just so nervous that they guarantee interviews for students with achieved grades and top 50% of UCAT score……that’s going to be a lot of people with guaranteed interviews….so not sure how many interview slots will be left for students taking A levels next year …..?!!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hallam1)
What does everyone think about cutoff scores this year? Last year was 57….I’ve got 59.5 and taking A levels next year. Just so nervous that they guarantee interviews for students with achieved grades and top 50% of UCAT score……that’s going to be a lot of people with guaranteed interviews….so not sure how many interview slots will be left for students taking A levels next year …..?!!
Yeah, the university's medical school do have a terrible track record for over offering for medicine, tbf. Just get your application in as early as you can and you should be fine. It's only people who apply at the tail end of the application cycle that really have to be concerned.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hallam1)
Does those with achieved grades include graduates or is it just A-Level Students? I'm a graduate, and my score is 59.5 as well
HAMZAHHHH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hiii basically I got a score of 56.5 according to the Leicester scoring system and ik last year the cut off was 57 and it's probably gonna be higher this year so would it be a dumb thing to do to apply to Leicester or no?? Ik I've probably just answered my own q but I thought i'd ask anyway lol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HAMZAHHHH)
Hiii basically I got a score of 56.5 according to the Leicester scoring system and ik last year the cut off was 57 and it's probably gonna be higher this year so would it be a dumb thing to do to apply to Leicester or no?? Ik I've probably just answered my own q but I thought i'd ask anyway lol
Not a stupid question, no harm in testing the waters haha. I would say it's pretty risky and would probably avoid unless you are desperate to go there and your other options are very safe. The cut-off is likely to go up this year just because of grade inflation from last year and increased med school applicants (judging from UCAT takers there are even more than last year)
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are peoples achieved UCAT scores? I got 645 not sure if worth applying or not
d r e a m y
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is interview guaranteed with achieved a levels and a UCAT in the top 5 deciles? In this case does shortlisting score not matter?
Last edited by d r e a m y; 3 weeks ago
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by d r e a m y)
Is interview guaranteed with achieved a levels and a UCAT in the top 5 deciles? In this case does shortlisting score not matter?
Hmm I don’t get this. How about if you resit an A level to get to the achieved requirement? Would you then also be guaranteed an interview?
Yuzmah
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi where did you get the information that 57 was last years cut off score? i am a bit worried as i have a score of exactly 57
HAMZAHHHH
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Yuzmah)
Hi where did you get the information that 57 was last years cut off score? i am a bit worried as i have a score of exactly 57
Heyyy I think it was on the Leicester 2022 entry student room page so idk how reliable it is
Eggyeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heyyy I think it was on the Leicester 2022 entry student room page so idk how reliable it is
I had 56. 5 last Yr apparently that was borderline, I got no interview.
ycvg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have a score of 58, my ucat was 2620 and I have full gcse score. I also have achieved grades of ABC but I’m resitting in autumn. Is it worth applying to leicester with 58- I think the cutoffs going to be higher this year
Last edited by ycvg; 1 week ago
Cherry202
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Does anyone know whether the interviews will be online?
Eggyeg
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Cherry202)
Does anyone know whether the interviews will be online?
It's says on their website-they're online.
Justhyp3r
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I’m sending my application off tomorrow but regarding GCSE resits in 2020 would I need to declare both on my UCAT. As 2020 GCSEs were teacher assessed I wouldn’t want them to take my lower grade instead of my higher one.
lilyrose270
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 hours ago
I've got achieved a levels (A*A*A) and I've meet the GCSE requirements. My ucat is 2500 (ew) but it seems like this just about made it in the 5th decile. Does this mean I'm guaranteed an interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.45%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.05%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.65%
I'm finding things difficult (123)
34.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed