The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Black Girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prettyfrock
So if that is the way you treat or talk to people that are actually on your side then no wonder you have a problem

You are not on my “side”. This isn’t a game, there aren’t “sides” to pick, this is real life, real life experiences. What I said was not foul in anyway, if you feel attacked by me addressing something to you, that’s on YOU not me. I have a problem with society’s issues, and YOU are part of the problem.
Original post by Anonymous
You are not on my “side”. This isn’t a game, there aren’t “sides” to pick, this is real life, real life experiences. What I said was not foul in anyway, if you feel attacked by me addressing something to you, that’s on YOU not me. I have a problem with society’s issues, and YOU are part of the problem.

And you are not worth any more of my time
Reply 62
It wouldn’t make much difference. I’d still be disadvantaged in South Africa, and Tanzania, I don’t know Swahili and it just wouldn’t work out overall.

How would you be disadvantaged in a South African state if you migrated after Uni and got a job there??u d fight right in ..and South Africa is just as good as UK and their health system is definitely better
Original post by terry23
How would you be disadvantaged in a South African state if you migrated after Uni and got a job there??u d fight right in ..and South Africa is just as good as UK and their health system is definitely better

What does that solve? These are problems she's experiencing at home, you cant tell her she has to leave home to be valued.
And you are not worth any more of my time

You wasted your own time posting on this thread. Make it make sense. Goodbye. Troll.
Thank you so much <3

no problem - I just hope u know that u don't need validation from others as long as you know that ur amazing! I used to struggle with how people saw me but as soon I learnt that I don't need to care what other people think and surrounded myself around people I loved, I was so much better.
Why should colour or race or religion make any difference to anyone

why wouldnt it? people are attracted and unattracted to different skin colour and different religious ideas cause conflicts.
Imo I find black girls peng. Especially when there dominant type
Original post by youareloved
no problem - I just hope u know that u don't need validation from others as long as you know that ur amazing! I used to struggle with how people saw me but as soon I learnt that I don't need to care what other people think and surrounded myself around people I loved, I was so much better.

💕💕
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I will take your word for it. As long as it's not fetishism. But I'm sure there are good black men who appreciate black beauty but I often see them labeled as intensely reverse racist like BLM rioter or black panther or like strictly Rastafarian or ultra traditional African. And not everyone wants that.

Not really, there are plenty of regular black guys who are just "normal", who do sports, study, go to church etc. You just never really hear much about them in mainstream society.

Problem is society depicts "black" culture as this alpha male / roadman BS.
Do you ever feel like you’re not good enough as a black girl, no one ever seems to want to associate with you, either platonically or romantically, I just feel so numb. I have so much trauma, so many memories of trying to fit in, being bullied for my hair, my skin colour, so many micro-aggressions and I’m really exhausted mentally, crying myself to sleep just doesn’t cut it anymore because it doesn’t change anything, on top of that the gaslighting I get when I speak on the issues I go through, it’s like I’m forced to suffer in silence and I just want someone to talk to. I just feel like every aspect of my life is such a sham, I always try to be the best in everything I do to make up for every other imperfection I have and it still doesn’t satisfy me, sometimes I just give up, sometimes I procrastinate, sometimes I just don’t care anymore and it’s to the point where I literally just feel nothing. Every single day is a drag, a walk in a never ending path that I feel the destination is no where to be seen. I always wish to be someone, someone other than me, I wish I was actually pretty, I dream about scenarios that will never happen, I silently love people who I doubt would ever like me back, I contemplate if they’d ever even consider “a girl like me”. There’s so much more I wanna say, and I just feel like no one understands or will ever understand, because I get gaslit every single time. I honestly don’t know what to do, this is basically just a cry for help because I’m actually just so tired. Can anyone relate with me?

I understand what you're going through as a black woman I have also gone through that stage however there are many black men and men from other races who love and appreciate us black women sometimes it depends on your surrounding girl go where you're loved its hard at first but do what you got to do. Learn new skills, fall in love with yourself, take care of yourself and block the haters out x
Yeah I get you. Lighter skinned black women are treated well by black men. As a very dark skinned black woman and curvy, I have been treated bad by black men but haven great experience with latino, white and even asian men. They give you praise, money, gifts and treat you like you are beautiful, unlike black men who from my experience, are ungrateful.

I hope you and your girlfriend have a great relationship.

I think light skinned people are the black equivalent of being "blonde".

It's not just women who are affected by colourism, as a dark skinned black male, I got A LOT of stick for it when I was at school, and was called every name under the sun.

A while ago, I was on a train and there was a group of black kids who must have been either on dating apps or social media, but I remember they kept shouting, "No lighty, no likey"

TBH, I've never understood why black people can be so s**tty to their own kind... I mean, I see other races / ethinicites they all seem to like (fetishize?) white people to some degree, but I find it's only black people who really bash their own kind for this (some people call it "self-hate") . For the record, both black men and women are guilty of this.

PRSOM xx
I’m tired of seeking white validation. I’m not a fetish, I don’t want to be hyper-sexualised than I already am. People just see me as an experiment, a piece of flesh they can utilise, I don’t want that. That is so dehumanising. I don’t want comfort, I just want to know that I’m not alone or I’ll go insane.

you are not alone, I am brown and have experienced the things that have been mentioned here both racism or colourism.

I wonder what do you think about someone like robert de niro or david bowie who exclusively went for black women to date/marry? Personally although fetishism may play a part I think it's fine and it's what they prefer and the women must have felt very attractive and beautiful. Plus it wasn't just like they wanted sex, they really did marry and have kids with black women.
Yesss, growing up in a predominantly white school and white area was really hard for me, I never got much representation and never really had Black or minority friends. I developed a lot of insecurities because I knew I never fit the standard. It was really just heartbreaking, I’m still learning to heal those wounds and trauma.

THIS IS SO TRUE.
my sister goes to a school with loads of black people and she loves her hair and her skin while cos i have been go to a school with literally no black people i came to place where i wished i was white so that i could fit in because i feel that in schools where there are mainly white people, black people are seen as strange because they have a different appearance with hair and facial features and stuff. you can never really feel pretty in a white school cos you just arent seen as part of 'them'. if you know what i mean. while in a school with more black people you have people who look like you and ebrace what you look like, while on the other hand in white school you have alot of insecurities (like u said) cos you dont look like them
this probably makes zero sense but hopefully you can kinda understand what im trying to say:dontknow::smile:
Original post by Delajore
THIS IS SO TRUE.
my sister goes to a school with loads of black people and she loves her hair and her skin while cos i have been go to a school with literally no black people i came to place where i wished i was white so that i could fit in because i feel that in schools where there are mainly white people, black people are seen as strange because they have a different appearance with hair and facial features and stuff. you can never really feel pretty in a white school cos you just arent seen as part of 'them'. if you know what i mean. while in a school with more black people you have people who look like you and ebrace what you look like, while on the other hand in white school you have alot of insecurities (like u said) cos you dont look like them
this probably makes zero sense but hopefully you can kinda understand what im trying to say:dontknow::smile:

🌹♥️
Original post by Old Skool Freak
I think light skinned people are the black equivalent of being "blonde".

It's not just women who are affected by colourism, as a dark skinned black male, I got A LOT of stick for it when I was at school, and was called every name under the sun.

A while ago, I was on a train and there was a group of black kids who must have been either on dating apps or social media, but I remember they kept shouting, "No lighty, no likey"

TBH, I've never understood why black people can be so s**tty to their own kind... I mean, I see other races / ethinicites they all seem to like (fetishize?) white people to some degree, but I find it's only black people who really bash their own kind for this (some people call it "self-hate") . For the record, both black men and women are guilty of this

Its so true it isnt spoekn about much but many dark skinned men faced colourism too
This thread has made me realise that i need more black friends😭😭- if anyone feels the same pm me
Reply 78
It wouldn’t make much difference. I’d still be disadvantaged in South Africa, and Tanzania, I don’t know Swahili and it just wouldn’t work out overall.

Original post by yello avatar
What does that solve? These are problems she's experiencing at home, you cant tell her she has to leave home to be valued.

Yeah it will solve race related issues coz South Africa is majority black.l went there as a black person and there is a level of respect and you don’t get judged as harshly as u do anywhere else in the work..
ite i'm not rlly good at portraying my thoughts through writing but ima try lol 😅, first of all, you're beautiful, never forget that. The Lord creates everyone in his image and you are perfect the way you are. You say you wish you're pretty? I garuntee you there are boys out there who would find you gorgeous, you just have'nt met them yet. Also what is gaslight idk what that means 😅 as you can tell am not very smart, anyways don't every doubt yourself, idk where you live, but here in south east London black girls are adored, and white girls are a lot less appreciated, so much so that white girls are labelled

Latest