The Student Room Group

Serious uni anxiety

It has become really bad I feel sick a week before and have anxiety all week before a class. I don't have friends on the course and they're so competitive i feel terrible after every presentation i do and so humiliated. I've already finished a course of counseling they wont give me any more for free but im still really struggling with this

How can i stop caring and actually be comfortable going to class? Most people seem quite relaxed if not totally relaxed.
Original post by Anonymous
It has become really bad I feel sick a week before and have anxiety all week before a class. I don't have friends on the course and they're so competitive i feel terrible after every presentation i do and so humiliated. I've already finished a course of counseling they wont give me any more for free but im still really struggling with this

How can i stop caring and actually be comfortable going to class? Most people seem quite relaxed if not totally relaxed.

Hi anon, I’ve learnt that you have to fake it till you make it. When I started high school, I said to myself that I’m now confident and string and now everyone thinks I’m really confident but I’m still a nervous wreck lol, those people being competitive probably have a superiority complex don’t let them get you down :smile: if you want a chat hmu
Reply 2
The NHS should have some counselling available although there may be a waiting list. Speak to your GP for more advice. If you have already gone down this route, your counsellor/GP should be able to refer you to a different talking therapy.

In the mean time you can try to use some of the "self-help" guides here:
https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/talking-therapies-medicine-treatments/talking-therapies-and-counselling/self-help-therapies/

Other people often have struggles as well which may not be immediately obvious to you.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest