The Student Room Group

Dead line submission. Do weekends count as days missed?

My deadline was for Friday at 16:00. I missed the deadline and still have work to do.
My Uni says 'Coursework submitted after the deadlines will be penalized by the deduction of 5% of the total mark awarded for each working day after the submission date. Working days are Monday to Friday and include days in vacations.'So does that mean that as the deadline date was Friday and it's the weekend now, that Saturday and Sunday don't count as a working day? Meaning that the first day with a deduction of 5% is actually Monday? So if I work over the weekend and submit on the weekend or Monday before 16:00 i'll only have 5% deducted? Meaning I get the weekend as some free extra days?Could somebody help clear this up for me please.
Sadly you will only be penalised 5% of you hand the work in on Monday. Hope that clarifies this for you.

How many months ago was the date set for this coursework?
Reply 2
Original post by barnet1471
Sadly you will only be penalised 5% of you hand the work in on Monday. Hope that clarifies this for you.

How many months ago was the date set for this coursework?

So the weekends don't count? It was set three weeks ago.
Calling Monday to Fridays 'working days' and not counting Saturday or Sunday is quite common in certain sectors of the economy. I don't like it as I think it makes a wait or delay for a response seem less than it really is, but it is well defined and so Monday means 5%, Tuesday 10% etc.

Quick Reply

Latest