The Student Room Group

Submitted late but On same day

The last date of my course was today and the final submission date of an essay I didn’t submitted before. The deadline was 5pm however I submitted at 9pm the same day. Do you think they’ll still consider it (even if late submission penalty idm) or I’ll fail the course?
Original post by Anonymous
The last date of my course was today and the final submission date of an essay I didn’t submitted before. The deadline was 5pm however I submitted at 9pm the same day. Do you think they’ll still consider it (even if late submission penalty idm) or I’ll fail the course?

Your course handbook should explain how your local late penalties work.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Your course handbook should explain how your local late penalties work.

It’s normally 10% but what I’m concerned abt is that it was final final deadline for me and the module lead send me email 2 days ago saying that I should be by this day 5pm and I still ended up submitting it late by 4 hours :frown:
It’s normally 10% but what I’m concerned abt is that it was final final deadline for me and the module lead send me email 2 days ago saying that I should be by this day 5pm and I still ended up submitting it late by 4 hours :frown:

Is this a "standard" submission or an allowed 2nd attempt because you already missed the 1st attempt. In that case it might be a more strict penalty, don't guess, just contact your course director, only they can give you a sensible answer.
Reply 4
Is this a "standard" submission or an allowed 2nd attempt because you already missed the 1st attempt. In that case it might be a more strict penalty, don't guess, just contact your course director, only they can give you a sensible answer.

It was a second attempt and actually not even 2nd 3rd attempt.
Reply 5
It was a second attempt and actually not even 2nd 3rd attempt.

I had extenuating circumstances in the past. But this time it’s just got late bcz I’m always late :frown: though I submitted on the same day so if let’s say they’ll wake up in the morning and check there’s be my submission
You should check your universities regulations & course handbook ultimately they will have to follow policy.
I had extenuating circumstances in the past. But this time it’s just got late bcz I’m always late :frown: though I submitted on the same day so if let’s say they’ll wake up in the morning and check there’s be my submission

Most submission systems automatically time stamp pieces of work, it's not done by an academic just checking email. For a 3rd attempt odds are they are going to stick precisely to the formal rule set in case it goes to an appeal.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8
Most submission systems automatically time stamp pieces of work, it's not done by an academic just checking email. For a 3rd attempt odds are they are going to stick precisely to the formal rule set in case it goes to an appeal.

I was told that my transfer to next year is contingent upon me submitting this essay by the deadline. This is why it’s a scary thing otherwise the rule is if you submit late by a day you get 10% penalty on your mark.

I was told to submit the essay by email so I sent it by email. This is why I said that module lead will see my email tomorrow morning.
Reply 9
We'd fail it at my place if a late submission at second (or subsequent) attempt, but regulations are not the same everywhere.

You should get yourself an alarm clock.
(edited 6 months ago)
You'd get a late penality in my case I think, but I'm not sure about your university, maybe check handbook or ask lecturers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending