The Student Room Group

Do GCSE results matter if I already have a degree?

Heya,

As title says really - I'm looking to go back to study at Uni - probably vet nursing - but I already have an arts degree. Applying is a bit of a complicated procedure as I didn't do my "GCSE"s in the UK - I did them oversees on a different programme which gets converted to UK results and I didn't get A's or B's in all of them - which is required, but surely that shouldnt matter as I already have a degree which I got a first in which is a much higher level than GCSEs?

Does anyone know who to even speak to about this? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by enewton12
Heya,

As title says really - I'm looking to go back to study at Uni - probably vet nursing - but I already have an arts degree. Applying is a bit of a complicated procedure as I didn't do my "GCSE"s in the UK - I did them oversees on a different programme which gets converted to UK results and I didn't get A's or B's in all of them - which is required, but surely that shouldnt matter as I already have a degree which I got a first in which is a much higher level than GCSEs?

It depends on the type of job. But from what you've told me, no, it does not matter as such.
Original post by enewton12
Heya,

you should speak to the admissions teams at the unis you are interested in
You would have to contact the admissions teams of the universities you're interested in to find out.

Also, it's worth letting you know that if you're interested in studying veterinary nursing then this is possible to do through a college course which is cheaper, quicker and more practical-learning based than studying the subject via a degree. Many nurses are more suited to university learning but just letting you know that college is a good option as well. :smile:
They don't matter without a degree so why would they with
It is likely an arts degree will not remove the necessity for basic english, maths and science requirements - needed to be a competent veterinary nurse.
You should be able to find the entrance requirements for veterinary nursing on the college and university websites that offer it.

An arts degree would be very valuable for some subjects but likely not for nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending