Original post by ozzyoscy
I have this.

It's most fun when everyone teams up on one person. :laugh:
Original post by Robbie2
What's your favourite one

I like Monopoly and Chess, u? x
Original post by ChocolateBunny02
I like Monopoly and Chess, u? x

Monopoly is the best way to quit a long lasting friendship, as in my cases when I play it with friends. :lol: I have a hate-love relationship to that boardgame. Played a lot chess when I was younger and stopped it suddenly.
Driving around San Francisco on my own in WatchDogs 2 for a few hours.
(RIP my PS4 2020, now I live an entertainment-less life)
Board games! way more fun esp on long flights!
Original post by V℮rsions
Driving around San Francisco on my own in WatchDogs 2 for a few hours.
(RIP my PS4 2020, now I live an entertainment-less life)

Haha same here, gotta be careful with monopoly :lol: always be having tears and tantrums with that
I play chess pretty well and am learning go(/weiqi) I'd like to learn poker and think I would be good at it.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Haha same here, gotta be careful with monopoly :lol: always be having tears and tantrums with that

:redface: yeah it's crazy man, the bin was always my go to silver piece character
When I was a kid I needed Mayfair as part of the game conditions
Reply 30
Definitely board games. Love Rummikub, Monopoly, Catan, Cluedo and Pass the Pigs ( not strictly a board game, but it's fun).
Original post by V℮rsions
:redface: yeah it's crazy man, the bin was always my go to silver piece character
When I was a kid I needed Mayfair as part of the game conditions

The hat was my go-to lucky charm, i swear if i didn't get the the hat i'm not playing :colone:
Yes gotta bag Mayfair and the two brown streets- they were cheap asf :lol:
Original post by Kernel_Coder
When I was younger, video games easily.

Now, card games by far! That doesn't necessarily mean gambling. Card games can be great without any real money involved, but the psychology behind card games is so fun IMO. :smile:

Yeah, like Cards Against Humanity, UNO and card game my young brother plays called Pokémon Trading Card game. Yh they are lot of fun. But I would be lying if I said I don't like video games because that is what I want to make career out of.
I would say video games, because it just opens up a whole new world of possibilities for different types of games that you can have.

There are a lot of board games that I like (e.g. chess, monopoly etc.) but those could just as easily be video games as well.
Board games all the way
Probably video games but I will never refuse a game of Monopoly, Chess, or Rummy :biggrin:
board games
Reply 37
Original post by Ivette619
Which do you prefer and why?

Video games are fun with friends or on your own on occasion
Board games are good when playing with friends when having drinks especially games like cards against humanity
Anyone who thinks Monopoly is the sine qua non of board games has serious issues. It’s one of the worst games ever made- reliant almost entirely on luck and is inherently exclusive and antisocial in that players are knocked out gradually and then play no further part. It’s also a game that spirals and is very hard to come back in when you have bad luck early on. In terms of design and playability snakes and ladders is a better game in almost every way.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Trinculo
Anyone who thinks Monopoly is the sine qua non of board games has serious issues. It’s one of the worst games ever made- reliant almost entirely on luck and is inherently exclusive and antisocial in that players are knocked out gradually and then play no further part. It’s also a game that spirals and is very hard to come back in when you have bad luck early on. In terms of design and playability snakes and ladders is a better game in almost every way.

Monopoly has some meaningful decisions, at least. You say Monopoly is almost entirely luck, and I guess it is, but isn't Snakes and Ladders literally 100% luck?

Quick Reply

Latest