The Student Room Group

My boyfriend keeps blowing me off

My boyfriend has been “sick” that past few days, and although he has not been too well, he has been using it as an excuse. He texts me very little during the day, and plays video games all day. We call at night and go to sleep together, but he has told me he will not be calling me because he wants to hangout with his brother. When he says this, he is really playing video games with him, his brother does not live with him and they game all day. I am quite annoyed and I am sure he will try to call me later when he is bored or cannot sleep. Would it be wrong of me to ignore him or refuse to call?
Reply 1
I think its time to find a new boyfriend - and ignore this waste of space.

You choose your life going forward
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend has been “sick” that past few days, and although he has not been too well, he has been using it as an excuse. He texts me very little during the day, and plays video games all day. We call at night and go to sleep together, but he has told me he will not be calling me because he wants to hangout with his brother. When he says this, he is really playing video games with him, his brother does not live with him and they game all day. I am quite annoyed and I am sure he will try to call me later when he is bored or cannot sleep. Would it be wrong of me to ignore him or refuse to call?

Address the issue if he decides to do so. Mention how it’s okay to feel unwell, but that you are insulted that he’s continually making excuses to avoid spending time with you and instead playing video games for the whole day.

If this is uncharacteristic behaviour, his brother lives far away, and this is the only time he has to do such things, then he will understand and you should expect him to go back to normal once his brother leaves. However, if this is a regular occurrence, his brother lives down the road and he prioritises gaming over your relationship, it’s time to have a different conversation with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending