The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL wrong accomodation offer

Hello,

I just received an offer for brooke Hall that was only my third choice. I'm crying right now because my top choice was highline building since I will be studying in LCC. I have severe anxiety disorder and I told them that it would be easier for me to be close to the college, that's why I chose highline building.

Do you think I can change it for highline building ? this causes me a lot of stress right now and I'm considering cancelling my application if I cannot get an accomodation in highline building... :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
I assume if you had a medical need you provided doctors notes, medical evidence etc why that accommodation would better suit your needs?
Unfortunately unis do generally make it clear although they try to meet everyone’s needs they can’t always do so and they have to prioritise. High line is very new so I can imagine a lot of people wanted to be there and hence was likely over subscribed. You can contact them but it’s likely they’ve allocated the accommodation now and can’t move people... you don’t lose anything by trying though! Good luck.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
you're not guaranteed your first choice, which is why you often have to make multiple choices, and not all universities guarantee meeting medical needs
Original post by fyre97
Hello,

I just received an offer for brooke Hall that was only my third choice. I'm crying right now because my top choice was highline building since I will be studying in LCC. I have severe anxiety disorder and I told them that it would be easier for me to be close to the college, that's why I chose highline building.

Do you think I can change it for highline building ? this causes me a lot of stress right now and I'm considering cancelling my application if I cannot get an accomodation in highline building... :frown:

you should look into private halls because there are a lot of non ual affiliated accommodations near lcc that might work better for you, if you google "student accommodation london" you'll find lots of websites with different options

this might be better because ual doesn't tend to give you another offer for accommodation:smile:
Reply 4
Hi,

I know this was two months ago, but I’m in the exact same position as you. Studying at LCC, chose Highline as my first option but got my third choice of Brooke Hall. If you’re still going to UAL hmu, seems like we might be living in the same building. Would be nice to know someone before I get there:smile: I have a history with anxiety too so I know how you feel; could help you figure out an easy way to travel into college if you want?
Reply 5
Original post by Rae9
Hi,

I know this was two months ago, but I’m in the exact same position as you. Studying at LCC, chose Highline as my first option but got my third choice of Brooke Hall. If you’re still going to UAL hmu, seems like we might be living in the same building. Would be nice to know someone before I get there:smile: I have a history with anxiety too so I know how you feel; could help you figure out an easy way to travel into college if you want?

Heyy, i just made an account here seeing that others are in the exact situation as me. Do you have an ig or somewhere we could chat?
Reply 6
Original post by drrahh
Heyy, i just made an account here seeing that others are in the exact situation as me. Do you have an ig or somewhere we could chat?

Oh, hey!

Sorry, I don’t check this often.
Ig: @RachelSaltinstall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending