The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Sept 2021 LLM Entry - in person?

Hi all

This is university of law in case coming to the post via the mobile app!)

am thinking of doing the Corporate Governance LLM, starting September. Its the same price online or in person (London)

Is it likely in person teaching will happen in September? is the current in person (but currently digital) exactly the same as the online offering?

Just wondering whether to delay to January. Though i am also not sure the benefit of in person, it may just be annoying in terms of having to go into the campus often for short lectures and then home.

I have enjoyed not commuting to my degree course this year (and as a mature student, the social side wasn't of interest, though i enjoyed the discussion post classes over a coffee in past years)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Catherine1973
Hi all

This is university of law in case coming to the post via the mobile app!)

am thinking of doing the Corporate Governance LLM, starting September. Its the same price online or in person (London)

Is it likely in person teaching will happen in September? is the current in person (but currently digital) exactly the same as the online offering?

Just wondering whether to delay to January. Though i am also not sure the benefit of in person, it may just be annoying in terms of having to go into the campus often for short lectures and then home.

I have enjoyed not commuting to my degree course this year (and as a mature student, the social side wasn't of interest, though i enjoyed the discussion post classes over a coffee in past years)

Hi @Catherine1973!

Thank you for your question, we have resumed face to face teaching this September however, (I assume this applies to all courses) we are having only workshops at campus and lectures still online. The reason is to avoid having large numbers of students on campus at one time so as to reduce the risk of virus transmission. And yes there is no difference in delivery or quality of teaching whether you choose to study online or on campus, other than the fact that one is digital and follows a different timetable.

If you find that it's still a hassle to commute for few classes then that is completely understandable and it would then make sense in that case to stick with the online course, since even face-to-face is half digital anyway. That would probably be a suitable option given that you prefer to not commute but it is completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with. I personally also enjoyed not commuting this year- it's so much easier not having to wake up as early in the mornings and run late!

I hope that helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be more than happy to assist you! :smile:

-Sarah
ULaw Student Ambassador
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending