The Student Room Group

Bpp llm sqe1 & 2

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the above course. I am a current final year undergraduate student studying foreign languages. I wish to become a solicitor in the future but am feeling relatively overwhelmed by starting the journey lol.

1. Do any of you know if I need a GDL in order to do the LLM at BPP?
2. On BPP's LLM page, under the entry requirements they mention an "admissions test", however I can't find anything else online that mentions it. Has anyone from a non-Law background had to do an admissions test for the LLM?
3. Will getting QWE after passing the SQE 1 & 2 be really hard? Is it something that you can do at smaller firms or do they have to be bigger?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
XXX
Given the change from LPC to SQE there are all kinds of new choices, some better than others, rather than one route. It makes it worse or better depending on your point of view but certainly more complicated.

1. Do any of you know if I need a GDL in order to do the LLM at BPP? You do not have to do so but all big firms are putting their future trainees who have not done a 3 year LLB through the PDGL first so I would recommend your doing that although it is not compulsory.
2. On BPP's LLM page, under the entry requirements they mention an "admissions test", however I can't find anything else online that mentions it. Has anyone from a non-Law background had to do an admissions test for the LLM? I don't remember that at all. Ma be it is just for people without an LLB or PGDL or may be a test for those from abroad with poor English? Most applicants go through the Central Applications Board page, a kind of UCAS for post grad law and their website sets out the requirements. You prepare a personal statement but as along as you have your degree and can pay you will get in. (Those with summer 2023 degrees not yet marked due to strikes may have some special requirements)
3. Will getting QWE after passing the SQE 1 & 2 be really hard? Is it something that you can do at smaller firms or do they have to be bigger? It can be at any kind of firm. However if you want a good job on qualifying then the better the 2 year (raining contract/QWE the better) so usually people doing a non law degree will apply during their first degree ideally for a firm which will pay the fees as the firms recruit years in advance eg some open shortly for applications for 1 year TCs starting in 2026 (with the courses done before that)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending