The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Age requirement

Hi! I was wondering what the minimum age requirement is to attend LSE, and if I was 16, would I have to stay in private? Or can I stay in halls as well? I would want to do an Economics degree btw.
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/uolip/teaching-centres/entry-requirements

You have to be 17 in the calender year you enrol at the university.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Section 5:

https://info.lse.ac.uk/staff/services/Policies-and-procedures/Assets/Documents/accPol.pdf

And as post above-though they do say that if you don’t meet the age admission your application can still be considered
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 17gandak
Hi! I was wondering what the minimum age requirement is to attend LSE, and if I was 16, would I have to stay in private? Or can I stay in halls as well? I would want to do an Economics degree btw.

Hello, there is no minimum age requirement to study at LSE. If you are under 18 at the time of enrolment, the Undergraduate Admissions office would notify the Senior Adviser to Students and the relevant academic departments. This action enables the School to consider putting in place reasonable adjustments or conditions of study to protect the interests of one or more parties, including those of the applicant.

It is also possible to stay in LSE halls if you are under the age of 18, in a single room. The accommodation wardens would be notified in advance to ensure any special provisions could be made where necessary, such as the provision of additional pastoral care.
Original post by LSE
Hello, there is no minimum age requirement to study at LSE. If you are under 18 at the time of enrolment, the Undergraduate Admissions office would notify the Senior Adviser to Students and the relevant academic departments. This action enables the School to consider putting in place reasonable adjustments or conditions of study to protect the interests of one or more parties, including those of the applicant.

It is also possible to stay in LSE halls if you are under the age of 18, in a single room. The accommodation wardens would be notified in advance to ensure any special provisions could be made where necessary, such as the provision of additional pastoral care.

Wow okay thank you! And also, would I be required to put in my application through UCAS still?
Reply 5
Original post by 17gandak
Wow okay thank you! And also, would I be required to put in my application through UCAS still?

Yes, all applications for undergraduate study must be submitted via UCAS, we do not accept direct applications. Please see the How to Apply page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending