The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews or LSE??

Please help me choose!! I love St Andrews because I think it would be so fun and would have such a good community vibe but I think that a degree from LSE would be better/have better opportunities and internships. Please share thoughts and opinions :-)
The LSE in every sense and metric.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
What subject? LSE is undeniably better for prospects in terms of city careers.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Please help me choose!! I love St Andrews because I think it would be so fun and would have such a good community vibe but I think that a degree from LSE would be better/have better opportunities and internships. Please share thoughts and opinions :-)
You have basically answered your own question here.

The LSE as an institution overall I would say is far more reputable and highly regarded in both the academic and professional sense than St Andrews. If you are particularly keen on a career in Finance, Consulting, anything Business related for example, it's a no brainer. Even for something like Law or going into further study, the networking opportunities and other opportunities available at the LSE are pretty much on par with the best in the UK, that being Oxbridge and Imperial and UCL.

St Andrews is of course a great university but the question is what you want to get out of your studies. If networking is top of your list then there is no question which will give you the better opportunities.
I suggest LSE.

@Muttley79 might have a better view.
Which degree?

Maybe read this: https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/how-the-london-school-of-economics-is-failing-its-students-b24aed5718b5
Original post by Anonymous
You have basically answered your own question here.
The LSE as an institution overall I would say is far more reputable and highly regarded in both the academic and professional sense than St Andrews. If you are particularly keen on a career in Finance, Consulting, anything Business related for example, it's a no brainer. Even for something like Law or going into further study, the networking opportunities and other opportunities available at the LSE are pretty much on par with the best in the UK, that being Oxbridge and Imperial and UCL.
St Andrews is of course a great university but the question is what you want to get out of your studies. If networking is top of your list then there is no question which will give you the better opportunities.

I disagree that it is more reputable. It may have better networking opportunities if they plan for a career in business, however in terms of prestige and academic regard, St Andrews is held on the same level, if not even higher than the likes of LSE and UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending