The Student Room Group

23 and feels like i havent achieved anything.

HiI am 23 years old and currently pursuing ACCA. I was told acca would be good for career and applied for it..half way through i feel like its not my field of interest at all. On top of this i dont know what i want to do at all. I am so confused and always feels like i havent achieved anything as far. I have zero motivation to do anything productive in my life . As i am still living with my parents they always make my life hard by not accepting my decisions or always criticising. I look around and i see my classmates and frnds moving out, getting a job or enjoying , i feel very hurt that i am working hard and nobody appreciates me plus i have no social life. During covid my personality changed a lot from calm to getting irritated at everything . I completely hate myself for feeling like this. I not able go figure out any solution.
Original post by Swetha sajit
HiI am 23 years old and currently pursuing ACCA. I was told acca would be good for career and applied for it..half way through i feel like its not my field of interest at all. On top of this i dont know what i want to do at all. I am so confused and always feels like i havent achieved anything as far. I have zero motivation to do anything productive in my life . As i am still living with my parents they always make my life hard by not accepting my decisions or always criticising. I look around and i see my classmates and frnds moving out, getting a job or enjoying , i feel very hurt that i am working hard and nobody appreciates me plus i have no social life. During covid my personality changed a lot from calm to getting irritated at everything . I completely hate myself for feeling like this. I not able go figure out any solution.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Get a job, if you don't have one. It does not matter what, most people have to start somewhere.
2. Save up so you can move out of your parents’ house.
3. Move out of your parents house. Look on spareroom or those types of sites for a room to rent.
4. Find a gf (or bf - if you prefer).
5. Try to complete your ACCA to get the qualification
6. Think about what interests you and search for careers in those fields.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest