The Student Room Group

Computer Science at QMUL

How is the computer science course at Queen Mary ? I'm seeing some mixed reviews and I read one that it's mostly maths ? I wanted to clarify with more people, pls help !
Computer science is a very logical subject that does require good maths knowledge. You'll see that most universities don't even require computing as an A level. They place more emphasis on maths. It will be difficult for people who don't have some sort of good prior maths knowledge, to do well in computer science. I have an offer from them this year for computing. Most of the people I know who want to do computing at QM either have done AS maths (year 1) or A level maths. I have heard that the computing department at QM is good, it is ranked well too. But, this is based on what I've been told. I could be very wrong.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ninja24
Computer science is a very logical subject that does require good maths knowledge. You'll see that most universities don't even require computing as an A level. They place more emphasis on maths. It will be difficult for people who don't have some sort of good prior maths knowledge, to do well in computer science. I have an offer from them this year for computing. Most of the people I know who want to do computing at QM either have done AS maths (year 1) or A level maths. I have heard that the computing department at QM is good, it is ranked well too. But, this is based on what I've been told. I could be very wrong.

Thank you! This was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending