The Student Room Group

June Results

Just out of curiosity because I was discussing this with others in my year and some friends who go to different schools..
But to those who got provisional results in june, were you given a lettered grade or a number for banding?

I was given a 1 for higher politics, and 2s for higher French and adv mods. I just thought it was funny how they gave us numbers instead of grades. My friends school said they gave them numbers because they’re just provisional grades (even though they’ll be what we’re given by the SQA) and they weren’t allowed to give us normal letters.

Basically I was just curious if other schools did this as well, or if you guys just got normal grades back (:
We got A(1), A(2), B(3) etc
Yep, I got my provisional results the same as @BlackLab in bands.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I just got told the grade in letters not the bands. But I kinda already know the bands as my teachers told me percentages
(edited 2 years ago)
We got told the %'s too which was surprising.

Our school stuck strictly to the standard grade boundaries 70% for an A2 and 85% for a A1. Looking at grade boundaries for two Higher subjects between 2014-2019 I would have received another couple of A1s instead of an A2s which was disappointing, especially English where I got 83% and the A1 grade boundary is usually around 75-77%!
Reply 5
Original post by BlackLab
We got told the %'s too which was surprising.

Our school stuck strictly to the standard grade boundaries 70% for an A2 and 85% for a A1. Looking at grade boundaries for two Higher subjects between 2014-2019 I would have received another couple of A1s instead of an A2s which was disappointing, especially English where I got 83% and the A1 grade boundary is usually around 75-77%!

We weren’t toks percentages, but it might’ve been because I was 6th year so we weren’t in school throughout June so we just got our results in a report card,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending