The Student Room Group

West Mids - Step Up to Social Work 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skkk4
We must be the last ones 😔

:frown: They will finish for the day soon so it looks like next week
I’ve not heard so I am assuming I ****ed it……
Original post by Blanco the great
I’ve not heard so I am assuming I ****ed it……

Yep i think its safe to assume that we are unsuccessful
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by pgce2013
Yep i think its safe to assume that we are unsuccessful

We tried. Hugs….
We tried. Hugs….

Yep it’s not very fair at least an email to let us know would have been ok :frown: we have been waiting ages
(edited 2 years ago)
Has anyone else heard back? I’m still waiting? I emailed Michelle earlier on in the day and I got an out of office reply! This is going to be a horrible wait over the weekend
I have applied previously and they let you know either way if you are successful or unsuccessful!
Reply 87
Still not heard 😬
Original post by gcredland
Thaks for this....at least there is an end in sight!! 😬

Out of interest, which LA have you each applied for?

Hi 😁Do you know if anybody has had results today? I still haven’t received anything 😔
Original post by katiesmith.
Has anyone else heard back? I’m still waiting? I emailed Michelle earlier on in the day and I got an out of office reply! This is going to be a horrible wait over the weekend

I emailed Michelle also and got the same out of office message 😩😔
Original post by HH987*
Still not heard 😬

I haven’t heard either 😔I assume the people who have been successful have been told and that I am unsuccessful 😭They said they would let us all know by Friday though and they haven’t 😔
Michelle will be back in the office on Monday, so I imagine she will reply back to you all then! ☺️
Morning all - hope we found out this morning - please keep us updated on here when u hear back
Reply 93
Morning all - hope we found out this morning - please keep us updated on here when u hear back

I received mine, I was unsuccessful. My message was in junk
Right, huuuuge congrats to those of you who got a place. I am bloody ace and I got rejected, so you guys must be truly awesome.

Hope you do alright managing your lives and your studies, you will all be brilliant. I’m not sure what I will do next, as I was kinda banking on this working out, to be fair. But it’s obviously not meant to be social work!!!

All the very best!!
Right, huuuuge congrats to those of you who got a place. I am bloody ace and I got rejected, so you guys must be truly awesome.

Hope you do alright managing your lives and your studies, you will all be brilliant. I’m not sure what I will do next, as I was kinda banking on this working out, to be fair. But it’s obviously not meant to be social work!!!

All the very best!!

Try Frontline.
Congrats to all that got in. I didn’t get in and think the assessment centre was unfair and very elitist as a BAME person I am disappointed. They should look at recruiting from the communities that they serve.
Reply 97
Congrats to all that got in. I didn’t get in and think the assessment centre was unfair and very elitist as a BAME person I am disappointed. They should look at recruiting from the communities that they serve.

Hiya, I am also from a BAME background and had applied for the West Midlands region. I got in. I also spoke about how I know the government are looking to recruit more BAME social workers and how I would like to represent my community.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Bloss20
Hiya I was on the reserve list and I’ve just received an offer for my first choice 😍 so will be joining the group shortly if you will have me 😂 once I’ve clocked off work AND allowed the news to sink in 😅 So excited and still can’t believe it…buzzing!!

Congratulations!! I’m so pleased for you! Have you joined the group yet?? What LA will you be working in??
Reply 99
Original post by Katieevans841
Congratulations!! I’m so pleased for you! Have you joined the group yet?? What LA will you be working in??

Thank you 😃 I got my first and only choice Coventry…. I’m so pleased 😅 Will join the group now 🥳

Quick Reply

Latest