The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
ARRRRRGHRESULTSDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! : ]
Yeah I'm looking forward to living out, but I can see the attraction of staying at home; I guess it's a lot cheaper and easier. Commuting from Brighton would be pretty horrible though :/
Reply 461
haha ARRRRGHRESULTSDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY indeed!!
Woah Brighton would be a bit of a treck. But living by the coast must be great!! I've always wanted to live by the sea - its my ambition in life lol - but preferably somewhere in the mediteranean where the waters not QUITE so cold. :]
Reply 462
Yeah Brighton's an amazing place to live - I love it! But I've been here my whole life now so I'm excited to be living elsewhere soon... although I will definitely miss the sea. It's swimmable-in in the summer, we do it quite a lot. But it's certainly never Mediteranean warm!
It'd be a treck to commute every day from Brighton, but apart from that it's a good distance I think; normally about an hour on the train, so I get to come to London quite a lot : D
Reply 463
Good luck with results everyone! I am seriouslystressedout : ]
Reply 464
OMG IM GOING TO THE COURTAULD JUST GOT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're all pleased with your results!!!!!! xxx
Reply 465
Yeahhh AAA, be seeing you there : D
Congratulations!
Reply 466
Yaaaayyyy you twoooooo!!!!!
I got in tooooooooo!!!!!
I got exactly AAB!!!!! Few marks of 3A's pissed!!!! But YAY I'm in!!!! Woooop see you guys there!!! Excitement!
Reply 467
WOOOOO well done one and all! See you in a few weeks :biggrin: yaaaa
Reply 468
Yaaaaay ahhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!!
Lowkesa....tinwoman and me30!!!! Yay.... I'm absolutely exhausted I haven't slept in over 48 hours from sheeeeeer fright and nerves! Awwww I probably won't en sleep soundly tonight as I'm so excited!
Onto reading then?! :biggrin: sorry must put the dampner on!
X
Reply 469
I hope you all went out and got insanely drunk last night?!
Reply 470
WOO!! Thats great!!! Congrats to all!! I'm sooo excited!!
xx
Reply 471
lowkesa
I hope you all went out and got insanely drunk last night?!

This would make me very very sad... I went home and slept..... I had gotten no sleep 2 nights in a row before results as I was so nervous!!!!! But my my my did I sleep soundly until 12 in the afternoon today!!!
Lowkesa you coming to the evening thing?! If so got any idea whether it's a dress up thing or casual!? Me30 and I had a convo about this ... But came to no solid answer.... Some clarification?!
Reply 472
bahh I don't believe that! I bet you got horrendously drunk and fell asleep, slouched up against a wall for 16 hours until someone was kind enough to wake you up :biggrin:

And chyar I'll be at the evening thing, hip flask in hand to numb the embarrassment of my mother and father.. They're lovely really but they have no interest in art. I hope one of our tutors isn't unfortunate enough to engage in conversation with either of them. And how smart are we talking? I have a wonderful brown moleskin jacket that SCREAMS Art History student. Must conform!
Reply 473
ahhhhh the family.... I was contemplating taking my mother and sister... But now it's my sister and 2 best friends as they practically begged me.... None of the three have any interest in art whatsoever but said they want to come and 'support' me.... Which means making me feel extremly uncomfortable by making inapropriate jokes..... Giving me a taste of my own medicine apparently!
Ahhhhh you sussed me! I did go on a full flow bender and spent the night half comatosed.... But i'm fully alive now! Awaiting the football now! :biggrin: one very bad game against tottenham for us but we bounced back nicely.... Nothing like giving Stoke a good kicking!!!
Well if you're going to conform then alas I must also.... A black and White dress? It will have to do.... Which means new shoes :smile:
Reply 474
I'll be there. And actually, having parents who know nothing about art could have its advantages. My dad is sure to comment loudly on every single painting in the gallery for the benefit of everyone around him... It's a good job I got in, it would have broken his heart if I hadn't : ]
They seem to be stressing the word 'relaxed' quite a lot in the email, so my guess is that it's not very formal, so I won't be dressing up too much.
None of you guys are living in halls/ the strand, are you? I got a room in the strand, but don't know when to move in. Be ultra-keen on the 23rd, or wait till the 26th?
Reply 475
Definitely the 23rd! More time to rearrange all your new, smelly ikea candles about the place.. And to make sure your books are in the correct order. Alphabetically for fiction, thematically for non-fiction!
Reply 476
I think you may be right... you've certainly given this a lot of thought!
We don't need to do anything to confirm our place do we?
Reply 477
I don't think so.... But has anyone received their packs yet?! I'm really anxious to get mine.... Been checking the post every morning!
Wow lowkesa you're really organised... I should really re do my room... Mehh can't be bothered... Ah to live at home!
Lowkesa are you living with your brother then or in halls?
Reply 478
Packs eh? First I've heard about them, but that's good to know. I hope it has a reading list, I was hoping to bulk-buy my books on Amazon to save money.
I bet they'll email them instead of posting them again. Oh for a pleasantly weighted exciting brown package!
: ]
Reply 479
Exactly tinwoman!!! I just want a package!!!! I love receiving things through the post.... Even after late nights I get up excited relatively early in the morning to get the post.... And it's always so disappointing!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending