The Student Room Group

Debate - Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Post opinions below. Do not judge for any opinions just accept them and respond with a counter arguament
Reply 1
Evolution should be taught. It is not even a hypothesis by this point. Creationism on the other hand is a religious belief so it should be taught in church or as a view some people have while discussing literature and history in school.
(edited 2 years ago)
Evolution? Not only should it be taught, it needs to be taught as it is the unifying theory of every field of biology.

Creationism is not a scientific theory. It has no place in the science classroom. Religious explanations on the origins of the universe or humans do have a place in religious education.
Reply 3
Original post by Lars360
Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Post opinions below. Do not judge for any opinions just accept them and respond with a counter arguament

No debate required.
Evolution is a fact that is fundamental to our knowledge of the world around us.
Creationism is just superstitious fantasy.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
i'm not from here, but i think you can take religious theory at AS and A-levels or something (?). if that's the case you could teach the theory of creationism in said class?

you wouldn't teach creationism in a general science class cuz it's not based on science. that would make no sense, if that's what you're asking.
Creationism is touched on at GCSE level in Religion and Philosophy, just in passing as in "this is what some people believe." I agree it shouldn't be taught in Science lessons as it's not scientific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending