Debate - Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Watch
Lars360
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Post opinions below. Do not judge for any opinions just accept them and respond with a counter arguament
Elize W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Evolution should be taught. It is not even a hypothesis by this point. Creationism on the other hand is a religious belief so it should be taught in church or as a view some people have while discussing literature and history in school.
Last edited by Elize W; 2 months ago
username5778314
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Evolution? Not only should it be taught, it needs to be taught as it is the unifying theory of every field of biology.

Creationism is not a scientific theory. It has no place in the science classroom. Religious explanations on the origins of the universe or humans do have a place in religious education.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lars360)
Should evolution and creation be taught in all schools?

Post opinions below. Do not judge for any opinions just accept them and respond with a counter arguament
No debate required.
Evolution is a fact that is fundamental to our knowledge of the world around us.
Creationism is just superstitious fantasy.
Last edited by QE2; 2 months ago
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
i'm not from here, but i think you can take religious theory at AS and A-levels or something (?). if that's the case you could teach the theory of creationism in said class?

you wouldn't teach creationism in a general science class cuz it's not based on science. that would make no sense, if that's what you're asking.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Creationism is touched on at GCSE level in Religion and Philosophy, just in passing as in "this is what some people believe." I agree it shouldn't be taught in Science lessons as it's not scientific.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (111)
14.53%
My mental health (111)
14.53%
Feeling behind academically (144)
18.85%
Making friends/social anxiety (138)
18.06%
How to organise myself (25)
3.27%
How to revise/study effectively (91)
11.91%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (128)
16.75%
Something else - let us know in the thread (16)
2.09%

Watched Threads