The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lnbk
Anyone got any news?........Im still on hold and desperate to hear!

Me too dude :'(
Original post by Lnbk
Anyone got any news?........Im still on hold and desperate to hear!

They changed my name on the Bristol portal from my legal name to preferred. Other than that still no news!
(edited 2 years ago)
What winds me up more about the selection for offers this year (especially when you read the rejection letters from place like Southampton) is that they are basically treating this like an exam with a mark scheme. They are giving Offers to people who tick boxes rather than examining their application in full. Maybe that’s the only way but seems to benefit a minority.. No consideration given for nerves of that it’s online. Purely - did they demonstrate that. Tick. So would favour those who had guidance or coaching or well educated people who can come up with a creative answer whether true or not.
Ppl in my school have been rejected today but has anyone received offers?
Original post by Meedicc
Ppl in my school have been rejected today but has anyone received offers?

Offers normally come afternoon
Original post by alexandraeylul
They changed my name on the Bristol portal from my legal name to preferred. Other than that still no news!

how were you able to do that ? asking for someone who'd rather go by their preferred name
Original post by WishesReunited
What winds me up more about the selection for offers this year (especially when you read the rejection letters from place like Southampton) is that they are basically treating this like an exam with a mark scheme. They are giving Offers to people who tick boxes rather than examining their application in full. Maybe that’s the only way but seems to benefit a minority.. No consideration given for nerves of that it’s online. Purely - did they demonstrate that. Tick. So would favour those who had guidance or coaching or well educated people who can come up with a creative answer whether true or not.

what did the letter say?
Original post by ghostworld
how were you able to do that ? asking for someone who'd rather go by their preferred name

I am not quite sure lol! I didn’t have to do anything, my preferred name is written on my UCAS application under the ‘preferred name’ section, however up until yesterday the Bristol portal showed my legal name.

I think you can email the university about it but I wouldn’t worry that much right now as when you are enrolling to the uni. you can tell them what your preferred name is and they’ll put that name onto your student card etc.
But what you are doing here is having a mark scheme for interviews. You’re not testing them as a potential doc but as someone who can be creative with an swear or had training as such. I do not think that a well earned UCAT or hard to find work experience should be ignored when making an offer.

But they won’t change it. Maybe it’s just harsher being online.
Reply 1789
Any offers this week?
Original post by Lnbk
Any offers this week?

Not on tsr at least. Just a few rejections. Maybe we could hear something tonight? 🤞
2 mins until 17:01
UCAS track is down until 3rd April 18.00.
At least thats what it says on their service status page :frown:
Original post by alexandraeylul
Still waiting for King’s, Bristol, and Nottingham.

Bit late but I applied to those exact 3 too.
Don't suppose your 4th option was UCL???
Original post by SiddharthAnand
Bit late but I applied to those exact 3 too.
Don't suppose your 4th option was UCL???

No, it’s Edinburgh.
Have you heard back from KCL, Nottingham or Bristol?
(edited 2 years ago)
has anyone else not yet heard back?
I am still waiting
Original post by bryaninlondon
I am still waiting

and how do you think your interview went
Original post by student634
and how do you think your interview went

always hard to tell but I thought it went ok.
I'm still on hold 😅😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending