The Student Room Group

Paranoia

I keep thinking back to a terrible situation I shouldn’t have put myself in but then I think I’m adding parts too it that didn’t actually happen. Any help ? Does this happen ?
I do this frequently before I sleep I'll rememberone thing over and over from years ago. The best thing to do is to use deep breathing exercises once you star to feel overwhelmed!
Maybe try some meditation. When something like that happens, my mind always replays and distorts past events. Try and take some comfort in the fact these thoughts won't happen forever, and they'll go away when they're ready. I think the worst you can do is to push the thoughts away, so just let them be and recognise that thoughts are just thoughts and nothing more
Original post by BalooBear
Maybe try some meditation. When something like that happens, my mind always replays and distorts past events. Try and take some comfort in the fact these thoughts won't happen forever, and they'll go away when they're ready. I think the worst you can do is to push the thoughts away, so just let them be and recognise that thoughts are just thoughts and nothing more

What I seem to do is I think of an event I can remember it but then I add bad things into it in my head which didn’t happen
Are there certain times of day when it happens, or does it occur immediately after an event when you felt something was awkward or wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest