The Student Room Group

Which one is more suitable- Apprenticeship or job??

What is better doing an apprenticeship or getting a job?

As I want to work in a vets, i've applied for a role as a veterinary care assistant only problem is due to it being an apprenticeship I would need to be in college, and the course for that apprenticeship I have pretty much have already done and don't know whether it is a good idea to re-do it again.

OR, I have found another vets for the same role but for a job.

I just don't know which one would be the best option to go for as with the apprenticeship I don't know if afterwards there will take be on for a full-time job.

As I would like to later do a veterinary nursing qualification but in the mean time gain knowledge and experience as a care assistant, can anyone tell me which one would be a good idea to do. Apprenticeship or job??
Original post by Alicehale6
What is better doing an apprenticeship or getting a job?

As I want to work in a vets, i've applied for a role as a veterinary care assistant only problem is due to it being an apprenticeship I would need to be in college, and the course for that apprenticeship I have pretty much have already done and don't know whether it is a good idea to re-do it again.

OR, I have found another vets for the same role but for a job.

I just don't know which one would be the best option to go for as with the apprenticeship I don't know if afterwards there will take be on for a full-time job.

As I would like to later do a veterinary nursing qualification but in the mean time gain knowledge and experience as a care assistant, can anyone tell me which one would be a good idea to do. Apprenticeship or job??

If you can get the job from your time at college, you’ll be at the point you would be at the end of your apprenticeship.

In reality, you do an apprenticeship with the end goal of landing said job anyway. But it would still be a good fall back to take the apprenticeship if you have no other options.
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
If you can get the job from your time at college, you’ll be at the point you would be at the end of your apprenticeship.

In reality, you do an apprenticeship with the end goal of landing said job anyway. But it would still be a good fall back to take the apprenticeship if you have no other options.

I am interested in doing the apprenticeship but am sort of worried as due to needing to be at college, I've already done three animal courses:
Animal care level 2 work-base.
Animal care level 2 technical diploma.
Animal management level 3 (year one)

And the course for the apprenticeship is animal care & welfare assistant which is a level 2 course meaning I will have to go down a level, and also that course is based on portfolios which was what i did for my first qualification and I'm just worried whether i should do the apprenticeship if I will just be re-learning topics I already know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending