The Student Room Group

Low UCAT score 2023

Hello, I am currently reapplying this year and have got 2680 on the UCAT. My A-Level grades were AAA in Maths Chemistry and Biology.
For GCSE's I got 98888877777.
I am planning to apply to Cardiff, Lancaster and Imperial. I am stuck on my last choice between UEA and Kent and Medway.
Any advice on which I should choose or any alternatives? Thank you.
Original post by Danidan749
Hello, I am currently reapplying this year and have got 2680 on the UCAT. My A-Level grades were AAA in Maths Chemistry and Biology.
I am planning to apply to Cardiff, Lancaster and Imperial. I am stuck on my last choice between UEA and Kent and Medway.

Hi, sorry this is nothing to do with what you asked but could I ask for any tips on how you revised for your UCAT exam
What did you get on your first time doing the UCAT?
What were your tricks for improving?
I have similar grades to yours but I am terrible at the UCAT

Also I have a friend that got an interview from Kent and Medway with a UCAT score of 2780 if that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by jesss399840
Hi, sorry this is nothing to do with what you asked but could I ask for any tips on how you revised for your UCAT exam
What did you get on your first time doing the UCAT?
What were your tricks for improving?
I have similar grades to yours but I am terrible at the UCAT

Also I have a friend that got an interview from Kent and Medway with a UCAT score of 2780 if that helps!

UCAT is essentially an iq test. It tests your natural ability of understanding, decision making and problem solving therefore some people will naturally find it easier than other. Having said this you can improve on it. Because it isn't a test where you revise and learn content, the best way to improve is to do practise and gain as much exposure as possible. It can also help to watch walkthrough questions on youtube when you are tired of questions.
UCAT is essentially an iq test. It tests your natural ability of understanding, decision making and problem solving therefore some people will naturally find it easier than other. Having said this you can improve on it. Because it isn't a test where you revise and learn content, the best way to improve is to do practise and gain as much exposure as possible. It can also help to watch walkthrough questions on youtube when you are tired of questions.

Thank you for the advice!

i would only go for kmms if you attended a lower performing school for a levels. wouldn't advise uea, cutoff was 2710 last year and is likely to rise this year. look at sgul and edge hill
Reply 5
Original post by reubenn05
i would only go for kmms if you attended a lower performing school for a levels. wouldn't advise uea, cutoff was 2710 last year and is likely to rise this year. look at sgul and edge hill

I haven't looked at edge hill, do you know what their cut off was last year
I haven't looked at edge hill, do you know what their cut off was last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending