The Student Room Group

How to get 40+ in IB?

I am just about to start DP 2 ( I have a few weeks left of summer break). In my end of year report, I got 32 (not including TOK and EE ofc), I kinda half-assed the whole year because 'I'm saving myself for my final year'. I'm predicted a 36 and I've only done my maths IA (my teacher said its sitting at a 7).
What should I do to get a 40+ ?, I am pretty naturally smart (i got 6s without studying) but I want to apply myself to see how well I can possibly do.

(my subjects are HL psych, english lang and lit, art. SL are maths AA, bio and french ab initio)
Original post by isabellazafe
I am just about to start DP 2 ( I have a few weeks left of summer break). In my end of year report, I got 32 (not including TOK and EE ofc), I kinda half-assed the whole year because 'I'm saving myself for my final year'. I'm predicted a 36 and I've only done my maths IA (my teacher said its sitting at a 7).
What should I do to get a 40+ ?, I am pretty naturally smart (i got 6s without studying) but I want to apply myself to see how well I can possibly do.

(my subjects are HL psych, english lang and lit, art. SL are maths AA, bio and french ab initio)

32, and you 'kinda half-assed the whole year'. 32 to 40+ is a huge jump, mind you, you better have a plan B because this jump rarely happens. For eng lang and lit read boatloads of literature. HL I think go to Psychology Today as a source.
Reply 2
Which subject do you have your lowest predicted in? Did you half-ass the year because of a lack of motivation? It's totally doable to get 40+ but it will require a LOT of work

Edit: I don't really understand, if you get 6s without studying then how are you on 32?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Loisxmc
Which subject do you have your lowest predicted in? Did you half-ass the year because of a lack of motivation? It's totally doable to get 40+ but it will require a LOT of work

Edit: I don't really understand, if you get 6s without studying then how are you on 32?

I got 6s on all of my end of year exams. In the report, I got5s in maths, art (she said no one can get above a 5 cause she didn't want to boost our egos? idk ahah), bio and psych but she made a mistake for psych and changed it a few weeks after my report so technically 33. The end of year report was based on the whole year because I failed my first maths test so she had to consider everything and I was doing online the whole year (cause I was overseas) and couldn't get above a 5 for an exam for bio because of it :/
I half-assed it because I was the only one in my year online cause we couldn't get visas because of covid so I gave up in some subjects when teachers kept forgetting to add me to calls (bio and psych). Also, it was my first year at the school and I usually don't do as good the first year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending