The Student Room Group

City U Vet med

May I ask to students who are in City U or City U vet med for information about City U vet med admission? I am non-jupas and I am worried for the admission.
1. I want to ask the minimum IB score that got in City U vet med
2. How the interview is ( How many people gets interview
3. How many non-local places are in city u vet med course out of 30
4. any further helpful details would be welcome Thanks!
Where is City U?
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
Where is City U?

Hong Kong I believe
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by dagnddaf
May I ask to students who are in City U or City U vet med for information about City U vet med admission? I am non-jupas and I am worried for the admission.
1. I want to ask the minimum IB score that got in City U vet med
2. How the interview is ( How many people gets interview
3. How many non-local places are in city u vet med course out of 30
4. any further helpful details would be welcome Thanks!
Hello. A non-JUPAS local applicant here.

I'm not in IB so I'm not familiar with this.

Around 40 people for early-round admission interviews. Not sure about the regular admission interviews during the summer.
My experience: Unless you have a literal reason, the interview will be in-person. Otherwise, you would email them for an online arrangement. The early-round interviews lasted 3 days and the interview slots were 9am to 12:30pm & 2:00 to 5:00pm. The interview lasted around 20-30 minutes (I didn't keep track of the time).
During the interview, there were 5 interviewers and they took turns asking questions.

Not sure. The statistics for this program vary every year. But often, the non-locals are the minority. My guess is 5-9 spots.

Did you submit your application for early or regular admission? I submitted mine for early admission, so my experience might differ from yours.

Best of luck!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by dentistbird

Around 40 people for early-round admission interviews. Not sure about the regular admission interviews during the summer.
My experience: Unless you have a literal reason, the interview will be in-person. Otherwise, you would email them for an online arrangement. The early-round interviews lasted 3 days and the interview slots were 9am to 12:30pm & 2:00 to 5:00pm. The interview lasted around 20-30 minutes (I didn't keep track of the time).
During the interview, there were 5 interviewers and they took turns asking questions.

Not sure. The statistics for this program vary every year. But often, the non-locals are the minority. My guess is 5-9 spots.

Did you submit your application for early or regular admission? I submitted mine for early admission, so my experience might differ from yours.

Best of luck!

Hi thank you for reply. I applied for regular. May I ask whether you got in.
Reply 5
Original post by dentistbird

Best of luck!

Hi thank you for reply. I applied for regular. May I ask whether tou got in? Is the interview more competitive or shortlisting interviwer is more competitive. Also, it is interesting that 5 interviewrs were there because my last expereience was two.
Original post by dagnddaf
Hi thank you for reply. I applied for regular. May I ask whether tou got in? Is the interview more competitive or shortlisting interviwer is more competitive. Also, it is interesting that 5 interviewrs were there because my last expereience was two.

I received an offer of admission at the end of January, around a week after the interview!

I'm not sure how many early applications there were. If I was the admission officer, I would know the exact answer to your question about admission considerations haha. Anyway, here are my thoughts:

Veterinary programs typically value the interview performance over the written application. So I think shortlisting for interviews is less competitive than the interview process.
Also, keep in mind that this is specific to early-round admission, meaning that they are more reserved about sending firm offers this early. It's probably safe to guess that they accept less than 10 people...or even less than 5 people during the early round. Based on your standards, selecting 10/40 people may or may not be competitive :smile:

I had my interview online through Zoom. Was yours in-person or online?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending